Notices

Scamming

Old 04-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Doesn't anybody want to WORK for money or a pay check anymore?

I hate scammers,
Old 04-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick Stinger...Im sending you the loot today. Ill PM you the tracking #.

Here is the response. Funny thing is that her email came up as Jill Tromba...which actually does have a listing in Midlothian VA where the thing is supposed to be.

So, I facebook stalked this chick and found her. I sent her a message.

I had listed the truck in various locations with in auto trader but the truck is located and registered in Boomer, NC. I'm a flight attendant at American Airlines and because I'm away most of the time I will not be able to deal in person. Before leaving I had pre-arranged the deal with Ebay so my presence is not necessary. The truck is in their possession ready to be delivered. Ebay will handle this transaction for me. The truck is insured in case of damage and it takes 7 days to be delivered at your door. It will come with all the necessary paperwork (clear title, bill of sale, user's manual, insurance etc). You will receive all the original documents and keys with the truck. I signed all the paperwork and the clear title is ready to be transferred to the new owner.

If you are interested to buy my truck, please send me your full name, shipping address and phone number so I can register the transaction with Ebay. Ebay will reply you with more details and information about this transaction.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikes280
i have bought 2 camera lens's off of craigslist and also a golfcart with no problems but i bought local and went to and looked at before i bought
It probably really depends on what your looking to purchase. I am glad its worked for you. I was looking for a car last year and literally got 15 of the same responses that apppedigree got...so I gave up on craigslist.

Julie

Last edited by throttleup; 04-19-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
Don't forget, Craigslist has hookers too...... Cheap ugly toothless ones that you wouldn't buy for you worst enemy, but hookes none the less...
Good to know, Phragle!

Julie
Old 04-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

App yea when ever bud. And also its still a BS deal telling ya right now. Its pretty much going to go like this. Send ebay the The money, it will be a fake ebay email. Then she will go on to day once there i will send the vehicle over for inspection and from there you have 5 days. So the money is still being sent before the product is seen still a scam makes me laught but a huge waste of time.
-Mike
Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Registered

These guys didnt used to get this involved. This person actually sent me another 20 some odd pictures just now. And said that the thing is in NC just 30 minutes from me now. I said great, where Ill go see it then.

They used to give up after the first few questions.....brazen these days.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by apppedigree
Sick Stinger...Im sending you the loot today. Ill PM you the tracking #.

Here is the response. Funny thing is that her email came up as Jill Tromba...which actually does have a listing in Midlothian VA where the thing is supposed to be.

So, I facebook stalked this chick and found her. I sent her a message.

I had listed the truck in various locations with in auto trader but the truck is located and registered in Boomer, NC. I'm a flight attendant at American Airlines and because I'm away most of the time I will not be able to deal in person. Before leaving I had pre-arranged the deal with Ebay so my presence is not necessary. The truck is in their possession ready to be delivered. Ebay will handle this transaction for me. The truck is insured in case of damage and it takes 7 days to be delivered at your door. It will come with all the necessary paperwork (clear title, bill of sale, user's manual, insurance etc). You will receive all the original documents and keys with the truck. I signed all the paperwork and the clear title is ready to be transferred to the new owner.

If you are interested to buy my truck, please send me your full name, shipping address and phone number so I can register the transaction with Ebay. Ebay will reply you with more details and information about this transaction.
So a scammer got her FB info and then decided to try her password on eBay also. That line is as old as the hills and eBay will not take possession of any vehicle. It even says on the top of all the Craigslist pages that any offer to ship a car is a scam.

It's really a shame that all kinds of two bit hoods that would normally be in a small town stealing a waitress' tips off the next table can be exposed to the world via the internet.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes280
i have bought 2 camera lens's off of craigslist and also a golfcart with no problems but i bought local and went to and looked at before i bought
Two months ago I sold a solid oak rolltop desk on there...no problems... The people were local and paid cash when they picked it up.

At the same time, I couldn't justify paying a couple thousand $$$ on new bedroom furniture for my 2 yr old, only so she could ruin it.... So my wife and I searched Craigslist and bought a complete 7 piece set for $500 bucks, 5 minutes from my house... Retail new on the set was $4000.

So I guess it has it's place!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Registered

Sad part of this story is that the real girl is apparently a cancer survivor and this mess is going on.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I've also had some pretty good luck on Craigslist, but anything I've bought or sold has been a local in-person deal with no shipping.

We just sold our dining room set on CL last week for $4K. People came to look at is last week, and had movers at my house yesterday with a cashier's check in hand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.