Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
What kind of tires for a F250??? >

What kind of tires for a F250???

Notices

What kind of tires for a F250???

Old 07-21-2010, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Michelins new LTX AT2
Old 07-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barrydet
I recently changed to the LTX. I chose to step up to LT285 instead of stock LT265 size. They ride smooth and quiet. You will have to become accustomed to the higher pressures of the E range.
What do you mean by become accustomed to the higher pressures?
Old 07-21-2010, 07:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got 80,000 miles out of my BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A's on my '05 F-250 4X4 PSD Crew, and I probably could have gone further. They're a smooth, quiet highway tire with plenty of grip for ramps or occasional off-road.

The Michelin LTX's are also a great tire, but they never seemed to last nearly as long as I'd like.
55,000 is about the most I could get out of my Michelins.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So it looks like either one of these. They dont offer the BF Goodrich Rugged TA in a 20in wheel. Got factory harley wheels.

Michelin® LTX® A/T2 tires provide the durability and grip necessary in a rugged off-road tire without sacrificing handling and on-road comfort. Michelin's MaxTouch Construction gives the LTX A/T2 the longest tread life in its class, with a third steel belt to offer extra durability.

•Michelin® Biting Edges™ offer extra grip in nearly any terrain. Notched blocks in the tread pattern dig into most surfaces, providing better off-road traction on mud, gravel, dirt, and wet grass.

•Comfort Control Technology™ greatly reduces vibrations and noise. Computer-optimized design and precision manufacturing help deliver a more comfortable, quieter ride.

The Nitto Terra Grappler features two distinct sidewall designs so you can customize your look by choosing which one will face outwards. If you are ordering a tire and wheel package online with the Terra Grappler, please tell us which sidewall you would prefer facing outwards in the comments section of your order.

The Terra Grappler A/T is Nitto's first light truck/sport utility tire to be offered in D- and E- load ratings.

•An aggressive tread pattern with high-density siping provides excellent traction and handling in snow and slush.

•Two steel belts ensure optimum contact patch both on and off the road.

•Two spiral wound nylon cap plies enhance high-speed stability.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kyboy1020
What do you mean by become accustomed to the higher pressures?
E range tires run 80psi for max load..VERY stiff when not loaded..But very stable when towing..I just lower the pressure in the rears when not towing.
Michelin changed the LTX and guys didnt seem to impressed with the new design so, I put the new design Firestone AT on
285/75...So far very happy. No noise and good in the rain.
I replaced a set of Coopers that felt like Ice skates in the rain
Old 07-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Take a look at Yokohama GeoLander. They are top ranked on most comparisons including the Gov't ratings. I know several people who are very happy with them on similar applications.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have BFGoodrich all-terrain t/a LT285/65R20. Great tire I've had 6 or 7 sets with great success. 65 to 75000 miles depending on rotation
Old 07-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Pipeliner
I have BFGoodrich all-terrain t/a LT285/65R20. Great tire I've had 6 or 7 sets with great success. 65 to 75000 miles depending on rotation
I've had many sets of these too, no complaints. Good look too.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Registered

I've always liked the Bridgestone Duelers
Old 07-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
My dually is bone stock with a manual trans so I don't hotrod it. I can't lol. I just think these Michelins are not high mileage like I was led to believe. Which Goodyears did you have, I might go with those next change.
Goodyear Wrangler AT/S

These tires don't like rain that much from my experience and is consistent with reviews on major online tire websites. But one of the cheaper tires around from my experience but if you rotate every oil change, you should see similar life as I did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.