Notices

Electric Over Hydraulic Brakes

Old 09-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Eoh

I do triple axle with disc brakes and EOH. Your driving stress level will be reduced as you learn how well a properly configured combination will perform when the "nerd" steers out in front of you with your 15k in tow! Money well spent, go for it.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback. Has anyone done the Brakerite conversion by Titan? Is it a do it your self project or something better left to an expert.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I just did mine on my trip axle myco and love it, i went with the brakerite controller. I literally had no idea the difference until the first time I stopped. I put over a hundred miles a weekend on my trailer and love it. I am redoing all my hubs and rotors currently so it will better than new in a couple weeks.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 08 fastech 292
Thanks for all the feedback. Has anyone done the Brakerite conversion by Titan? Is it a do it your self project or something better left to an expert.
I did mine myself. Converted a tandem disc brake Eagle to the Brakerite EOH w Max brake controller. I did haave the tongue welded by a pro, (a welder I am not) and then had the tongue repainted at a body shop. Now it looks as if always a EOH setup. Don't spend the money to convert, then skimp on the contoroller. A cheap controller either will not work with it, or make all your time and effort worthless.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I did mine myself. Converted a tandem disc brake Eagle to the Brakerite EOH w Max brake controller. I did haave the tongue welded by a pro, (a welder I am not) and then had the tongue repainted at a body shop. Now it looks as if always a EOH setup. Don't spend the money to convert, then skimp on the contoroller. A cheap controller either will not work with it, or make all your time and effort worthless.
Ok im getting ready to do mine,its a triple axle and before I weld the front coupler I was thinking of shorting it 4"for storage reasons,do you guys think that going to change the tongue weight?
Old 09-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

I doubt you'll see any difference on tongue weight by shortening the coupler, unlike actually moving the boat in relation to the axles.

Mine is probably 2 " shorter. The coupler was pushed back into the tube as far as possible, then welded solid.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have full hydraulic setup, but just bought a 2010 Ford F150 with brake controller. I heard that this controller won't work with electric over hydraulic. True/not true?
Old 09-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I doubt you'll see any difference on tongue weight by shortening the coupler, unlike actually moving the boat in relation to the axles.

Mine is probably 2 " shorter. The coupler was pushed back into the tube as far as possible, then welded solid.
US1
I saw and read the thread from when you did yours.
do you have any close up pictures of the installation on the actuator and battery for the break away kit
Old 09-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

These are before being painted, but none the less. I gutted out all the hyd workings, cut off the coupler rollers and brackets and what nots, then made plates and plugs to be welded in all the holes for the roller pins, the large triangle opening in front of the jack and then ground all the welds smooth, so there are no signs of it being an original hyd trailer. The actuator is mounted on a SS plate that is bolted to the bottom side of the trailer frame. All the wiring is ran inside the frame for a clean look. The breakaway switch is supposed to be mounted so that it can pivot so that teh pin will be pulled out straight, vs at an angle. I didn't want it on top, so I located it down under neath and welded a guide in front of it so that the breakaway cable will always be pulled straight out of it, regardless of truck/trailer relation.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Registered

thanks for all the info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.