Notices

Ford Edge or Nissan Murano?

Old 09-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carrboy
What kind of engine problems? I had a 350Z with the 3.5, supercharged, NOS and other mods and couldn't kill it.
Thats a totaly different engine.They are sludging up.so is Toyota even if you change the oil every 3000.Out of all the cars I see every day Nissan techs have the most engines apart.They used to just change the engine now they are having techs repair/rebuild them.
You really should look at GM unless you are dead set on one of the two.My wife loves her Denaili.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EDGE!!!!! they have been good to me and i am a ford tech
Old 09-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Thats a totaly different engine.They are sludging up.so is Toyota even if you change the oil every 3000.Out of all the cars I see every day Nissan techs have the most engines apart.They used to just change the engine now they are having techs repair/rebuild them.
You really should look at GM unless you are dead set on one of the two.My wife loves her Denaili.
I hear ya... we love my Escalade but she doesn't want to put the gas in it
Old 09-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Wow you two are total opposites! Prius vs. and Escalade towing a Sonic..........
Yeah, it was funny when she dropped her hybrid Prius off at Toyota for service and I picked her up with the H2
Old 09-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Buy American my freind. My wife loves her edge. Hers is front wheel drive and gets about 25mpg. I think the quality of the edge is way higher than the equanox
Old 09-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Registered

The Equinox is GM's lower line. You need to drive a GMC Acadia or a Chevrolet Traverse to compare to an Edge. I think you will like the Acadia more. Jeff Wurl
Old 09-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Registered

Honda Pilot. Same base price as the Edge but otherwise no comparison.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by carrboy
She drove the Equinox yesterday and didn't like it much. The Terrain is a gas hog. It's tough because I have an Escalade so she's used to a great ride but drives a Prius that excels in the mileage department.
You'd have to look at the LTZ Equinox to compare to the Edge, as the Edge is a more expensive car. I haven't been in the 11's, but the first gen's interiors were lacking (exposed sheet metal around doors, hard plastic, plain design). They drive nice though.

The terrain as a gas hog? How do you figure? The 4 cylinder gets 32 highway and there's tests avg 29 (motorweek for one) on mixed? The 6 cylinder in the Equinox/Terrain doesn't add a lot in my mind, the 4 cyl is the better buy.

There is no SUV that gets better mileage than the 4 cyl equinox/terrain, and they will absolutely kill an Edge in that dept.

I too like the irony of an Escalade and Prius haha.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
Buy American my freind. My wife loves her edge. Hers is front wheel drive and gets about 25mpg. I think the quality of the edge is way higher than the equanox
I don't think you've been in a 2010 Equinox with that statement....
Old 09-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
I am in car dealerships all day as I am in tool and equipment sales.Nissan seems to be having more problems than Ford.There quality seems as all the Asian vehicles seems to be dropping.Nissan has a lot of engine problems.So if those are your two choices I would pick Ford.
I actually like the Ford as an overall package better.

The Murano has been around a while now and is starting to show its age, but its a great vehicle for sure.

I would disagree on engines though- The VQ series is superb.

The Nissan VQ series V6 engine has been in Ward's 10 Best Engines list every year from the list's inception until 2009.

Uncle Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.