Notices

Ford F350 Short Bed

Old 01-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by waycool marine
not to start the argument, but read all the posts on the 6.0s most have issues, be ready for expense and grief
Seemed to be mainly w/ the early production run & maintenance not done properly. Havent come across too many reports w/ 06's that had same issues as 04's.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a 06 6.0 as my personnal truck for 2 seasons. under warranty ,dealer serviced and it had issues. and as a dealer we have had 6.0s of all years and they all have issues. they are correctable but expensive. refer to thedieselstop.com/forum
and we no longer will take a 6.0 in on trade or buy at auction unless its cheap or has all the right paper work.
if you buy the 6.0 check your local dealer, ford did offer an extended warranty till 200k thru ford about $1200,if I remember right,its worth the money.your going to use it.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

A perfect world would be a late 7.3L PSD with the newer coil spring suspension. My may be converted to such one day.