Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
2010 Cummins H&S Parts Installed! >

2010 Cummins H&S Parts Installed!

Notices

2010 Cummins H&S Parts Installed!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kneeslider74
I also get 34 mpg highway and 14 mpg pulling the cat.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
What year? 2500, 3500? Dually? The new 68RFE is a much better tranny than the 48RE but an upgrade on the TC is always a good thing and relatively cheap peace of mind.
On a stock truck with a tranny tune, maybe. in the performance world, no.
Originally Posted by Catmando
Valair is a good tranny too, lots of Cummins guys who tow heavy and/or have lots of power use Valair.
Valair just makes clutches/converters, not complete tranny's
Originally Posted by JD Dearden
Those water meth kits are very risky. Only the high price competition kits actually work. The others like snow don't make enough PSI to actually maintain a atomized flow. Buy a bigger turbo if you want to lower EGT's...
Listen to this guy, he knows whats up.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kneeslider74
I have a 2008 3/4 ton 6.7, 4x4. If you look close the paint is the worst. Along the seams under the hood did not cover. ABS sensor issues, but worst of all, the rear frame flexa soooo much it has bent the wheel wells very bad. I thought it was just too much tongue weight until another guy asked me if I had that same issue. I don't even have 35k on the truck, and have only 2000 miles pulling the boat 10000 lbs.
I will say that the motor is now the best part of the unit. MADS Smarty, full ex., egr delete and the 250hp ME tune. I also get 34 mpg highway and 14 mpg pulling the cat.

Check your wheel wells, It will look like a dent or two and then it just keeps getting worse.
I ran dodge diesels for five years and was on the Cummins forum all that time. I talked with lots of guys pulling heavy loads. I was on a hotshot haul forum and talked to those guys. I never heard of any wheel well problems, nor have I ever heard of that kind of frame flex. Those guys put hundreds of thousands of miles on their trucks pulling heavy loads 5-6 days a week. They don't see those problems.

I saw 31mpg once going downhill with the wind at my back after an oil change. 5.9 engine was stock. I don't believe you can get the mileage you claim out of your 6.7 no matter the mods you've done.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by magnum350
On a stock truck with a tranny tune, maybe. in the performance world, no...
What are you talking about?? In the PERFORMANCE WORLD, if you tune your diesel engine 100hp over stock or more, you are risking a torque converter failure in your transmission.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Registered

I was referring to the 68RFE being a better tranny than the 48RE.

A good valve body and torque converter upgrade is a good idea in ANY transmission.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Registered

Thinking of doing the h&s route myself on my 2012 cummins. I would like some better mileage and so far I have had to change the oil twice per the evic in 4100 miles. I'm hearing this is because of all the emissions crap pulling soot into the oil
Old 07-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Prostreet144
Thinking of doing the h&s route myself on my 2012 cummins. I would like some better mileage and so far I have had to change the oil twice per the evic in 4100 miles. I'm hearing this is because of all the emissions crap pulling soot into the oil
I could drive around the block after I changed the oil in my 2006 dually and it would look as black as it did before the change. I used Mobil1 full syn and changed every 7500 miles.

Go to www.cumminsforum.com you'll find all the information you need to make the right choices for your engine.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Registered

Offshorexcursion, why did you chose a srw over a drw?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Prostreet144
Within 2 oil changes your oil will come out clean again, brownish gold, not jet black.

I only hand calculate my Fuel economy while towing heavy, and have gained a solid 2mpg.

I always run the programmer on the "stock, no power added" level. Any higher level, while towing, lowers fuel economy (even though the factory computer claims higher fuel economy, hand calculated its lower) Plus the truck does not need any more power, unless its for fun playing around!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by tnc110
Offshorexcursion, why did you chose a srw over a drw?
I personally like the feel of driving the SRW. (you would also if you drove my rig!) I hate checking the tire pressure of the inside dually. Don't like the added up front cost. Don't like the added tire expense. Duallys also wear out tires faster for some weird reason, and are more annoying to rotate. Prefer the look of a SRW (even though DRW still look cool). SRW also tracks better in the snow. I have owned multiple DRW trucks and personally not experienced any positives with them, only negatives. My SRW does have upgraded wheels and tires to handle more weight. Just like a semi with "super singles".

The only difference in the Ram truck in the DRW vs SRW is the rear swaybar, 2 extra tires, but all 6 are narrower. Mine also has air bags in the rear (which work better then overload springs and a swaybar).

Now if I was hauling PAYLOAD only, in the bed, like a slide in truck camper, or pallets of block, etc. I would own a DRW.

I have experienced ZERO negatives in over 1 Million loaded miles, and seen no proof of any, with a SRW that has upgraded rims and tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.