Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
2010 Cummins H&S Parts Installed! >

2010 Cummins H&S Parts Installed!

Notices

2010 Cummins H&S Parts Installed!

Old 04-09-2011, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 260 Likes on 92 Posts
Default 2010 Cummins H&S Parts Installed!

Finally found the time to order and install the following:

H&S Mini Maxx tuner with overhead mount
H&S EGR Block off delete and cooler delete
H&S 5" turbo back exhaust DPF delete
AFE Dry flow air filter

I own a car hauling business and use this 2010 Dodge Ram 2wd 3.42 gears, 6 speed to haul 3-4 cars. Bought new and put 40,000 miles on it in 4 months (stock) and just put 6000 on the past 2 weeks since install of parts.

The truck did not need anymore power but WOW, it sure is nice to have. I used to run about middle of the pack with other truck (semi) on the road. I could pass 50% in the mountains and 50% could pass me. Now on the so called "stock" "no power" level I pass 100% of trucks on any grade! (sorta annoying though changing lanes all the time instead of relaxing and cruising in the right!) When turning up the computer it will slip the clutch though.

Fuel mileage hand calculated is up from 8.1 to 10.3 on AVERAGE (some better some worse), running 70mph loaded, tall, heavy (20-30,000lbs), etc! Some stop and go mixed in, and idling will loading, fueling, etc mixed in. REAL WORLD economy, not reseting the computer on a downhill and bragging how good it reads!

I have had 4 cummins, two 2003, one 2007.5, and the 2010, all modified. Wish I would have got a load home sooner to install the parts on this truck!

Both 03's empty would get 23-27mpg, towing light 14-17, towing heavy 10-11.5.

I am happy with the H&S parts, and have also had good luck in the past with SMARTY, Edge, TST, and TS. I strongly recommend these products. ENJOY!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you on www.cumminsforum.com? Quite a few car haulers on there. I sold my 06 dually and drive a 300C Hemi now so I don't hang with those guys much any more.

Last edited by Catmando; 04-09-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the mini maxx with over head console mount, 5" tbe, maxx flow intake elbow and afe intake about two months ago. I absolutely love how it runs now. Plenty of power on tap and gets decent fuel mileage now.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Registered

I would strongly suggest removing the egr cooler and installing a wastegaste kit , you have no egr anymore and that was working with the system to act as a wastegate, all that exhaust presure has to go somewere, they usually figure exhaust drive presure is about double your boost !! even when the exhaust brake kicks in ,have read of horror stories of pushing coolant out the head gasket because of this. I imagine you have guages so you see how much boost you build coming down a steep grade with the exhaust brake on , it can climb quite high. these trucks really come alive when you get rid of that CRAP! I have an 07 with a 6.7 and love it .good luck. I removed this stuff when the truck had 4000 miles on it and never looked back , gained 4 mpg + right from the removal time .

Last edited by 575cat; 04-09-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Here is a list of the mods I have done to mine: Mini Max, EGR, DPF delete, Big line fuel kit, 4" turbo back exhaust- no muffler, Glacier Diesel grid heater delete, Larger intercooler tubes, Black Ops Diesel Intake, Pro-gate wastegate, AFE filter, H&S Tranny tune, cooler bypass hose, 180 deg thermostat, and a few other I can't think of right now. The truck runs much better and I get around 18-19 on the highway and about 12 towing the boat (10000lbs). I have the 4x4 and 3.73 gears.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Registered

Been on cummins forum but not a member. My truck rums smooth and well in the safe zone on all gauges. If I was hot rodding around and using as a fun daily driver I would add more parts. But being hooked to a trailer all the time I don't feel spending more money will make me any more money! For what I do the truck is about peak performance. Everyone elses sounds cool, nice to hear about others sweet dodges!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I basically started my upgrades to get the MPG up. I got a little hooked on doing projects and had some spare time so that is why I have all the little stuff donew. Nothing exotic yet like upgraded CP3 or bigger injectors, etc. I plan on leaving it the way she stands now. I am very happy with it although I wish the tranny was a bit stouter. That seems to be the weak point with the Rams right now.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rgrgoog
I basically started my upgrades to get the MPG up. I got a little hooked on doing projects and had some spare time so that is why I have all the little stuff donew. Nothing exotic yet like upgraded CP3 or bigger injectors, etc. I plan on leaving it the way she stands now. I am very happy with it although I wish the tranny was a bit stouter. That seems to be the weak point with the Rams right now.
What year? 2500, 3500? Dually? The new 68RFE is a much better tranny than the 48RE but an upgrade on the TC is always a good thing and relatively cheap peace of mind.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:34 AM
Registered
Gold Member

2010 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Short bed
Old 05-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Registered

Updating everyone, 18,000 hard towing miles and still very happy with the H&S parts installed. My rig pulls past every other rig in the mountains which makes me smile! No problems, fuel mileage is still up, and the power is still challenging my stock clutch!

Sorta gettting bored being satisfied and not needing any other custom parts for my truck. The "build" is always the fun part with trucks, cars, boats, etc. Still thinking about going to a full air ride rear suspension instead of the firestone ride rite. Not having any problems just the roads of america are getting worse and obviously there is not money laying around in our government to fix them any time soon. Why worry about our own country when we can go fix others!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.