Notices

2011 GMC 3500 Denali

Old 04-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supercat
I have a 2011 duramax. The controller will not recognize a "loop" with the electric over hydraulic (doesn't electrically see the motor). It Will recognize straight electric (magnets complete a loop electrically). You have to wire 2 magnets in parallel on the trailer wiring by the pump motor so the oem controller will sense a loop as it doesn't see the motor on electric over hyd. and thinks it's open. I have a schematic here somewhere if you are interested.

x2 I had to do this and wired 2 magnets inside the trailer tool box (dexter actuator) and didnt work... it has to touch metal to complete loop and not just to each magnet I zip tied a piece of metal and it worked perfectly. There spliced inbetween the white and green if I remember correctly
Old 04-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to clarify when you say "it" needs to touch metal do you mean the magnets? Also, the schematic I got from Dexter show magnets wired between white (negative battery) and blue (they don't show a green).
Old 04-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supercat
Just to clarify when you say "it" needs to touch metal do you mean the magnets? Also, the schematic I got from Dexter show magnets wired between white (negative battery) and blue (they don't show a green).
Then go by schematic that sounds right. Yes either bolt the magnets to the frame or stick a piece of metal inbetween and zip tie tight together I used a 1/4" 4"x4" flat piece and it worked fine.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
So is the 3500 Denali all wheel drive or part time 4x4

It appeared that the 2500 was only available as an all wheel drive and I really didn't want that. I prefer to have the option of 2WD for the majority of my driving.

I cant say that I looked very far into the options as I decided to keep my 06 max for another year. But I was very interested in getting the Denali 2500 and might this winter.

How about some pics?
Wobble, sorry for this late response, I missed your post.

The 3500 has a dash mounted control that lists 2 WD, 4WD and 4 WD, low.

We really don't know anything about the P/U or how it performs. However, after the control solution is final, we'll put it in service.

There is one surprise...Rear wheel liners are not available for Dual Rear Wheels. The only solution is spray on bed liner material. The spray on should offer some protection. However, a wheel liner should offer greater protection from rocks and be easier to wash. Perhaps the non-available wheel liner was an over sight and will be offered later.