Notices

Need Some Trailer Help!! WTF

Old 05-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the info guys. Thats what I thought it was but I just couldn't beleive it. I'll try to get it off like you said, cut wheel and air chisel, and then try to recondition the spindle. Just in case, anyone know about what an axle would run me?

Thanks smcer, if I run into trouble i will definetly call you.

Just want to get the trailer all fixed so I can bring this home and do some work on it.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Registered

Thanks guys for all the help. Worked on it yesterday, used a dremel with a cut wheel, took a piece of the race out and it came right off. Got lucky too, wasn't too bad under the race, worked on the spindle a little sanding it out smooth, the new hub/rotor went on perfect. So all 6 axles done, got the brakes bleed(that was fun), just need to check out my lights and mabye do a little wiring and its done. I can go pull the boat out.

Wonder what its going to feel like pulling the boat with working brakes now?
Old 05-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Registered

Just to follow up you might want to go back and double check the axle nut holding the bearings to make sure it's still "snug." I know the cotter pin does this but making sure it's snug will ensure "longer" bearing life plus plenty of grease. JMO.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

if you have a issue with the inner race not fitting snug, try this... with a center punch pean the spindle...(lightly it wont take but 3 or 4 small peans around the spindle)...it will get the inner race to "bite" on the spindle and fit snugly...not the best way but I do have a single axle 16' utility trailer that has been running that way on one side for 15 years