Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
06 Ford F-350 poor towing mileage, what to do ?? >

06 Ford F-350 poor towing mileage, what to do ??

Notices

06 Ford F-350 poor towing mileage, what to do ??

Old 05-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I hope one day someone on this board takes you up on that and goes through with it. It will make the 2500 times I have read you post that all worth it....
2500 I would like to see someone here do it too. It's a very popular swap among Ford owners.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:52 PM
RBH
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
How many miles are on your truck. I am looking at one of these and still worry about the problems.
If you do the EGR delete, would that fix the problem?
A delete kit will take care of the cooler and the valve, but anything 05 and newer will turn on the check engine light. You will need to buy a controller to correct it like a SCT. There is a lot of good information at Bullet Proof Diesel.com. I'm going to order a egr cooler and oil cooler. That's why I haven't traded trucks at least I know what has been done to mine. I had no problems up to 105K it now has 145K
Old 05-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

I have been talking with a friend that may sell his 06. Head gaskets, and EGR cooler were changed. He has the Ford extended warranty that goes to 200K miles.

He put a edge juice, cool air intake and 5" exhaust on it and said it gave him 2 more mpg.

My question Does it void the warranty?
Old 05-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I have been talking with a friend that may sell his 06. Head gaskets, and EGR cooler were changed. He has the Ford extended warranty that goes to 200K miles.

He put a edge juice, cool air intake and 5" exhaust on it and said it gave him 2 more mpg.

My question Does it void the warranty?
Depends on the dealer really, some dealers are fine with mods and others not... but more so it comes down to can they "prove" that the mods are what caused whatever issue . Honestly these trucks run so much better with a good tune (SCT), not just the power and mpg increase, but much lower EGTs and broader and smoother powerband.

Last edited by Quicksilver; 05-10-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Gears only help to get you rolling. My dodge has 3.42's and 33" tires! I pull more then most boats on here every day, 50' 3-4 car weighing 20-25k everyday through mountains etc. These modern diesels have more then enough torque. 4.10 gears would only work better for all city driving and construction sites.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Depends on the dealer really, some dealers are fine with mods and others not... but more so it comes down to can they "prove" that the mods are what caused whatever issue . Honestly these trucks run so much better with a good tune (SCT), not just the power and mpg increase, but much lower EGTs and broader and smoother powerband.
Yes and NO. Ford is really touchy when it comes to diesel warranty work and they have been known to send out districted engineers to look at jobs from time to time. That being said, if there are no red flags present and the truck has had "some kid" beating the snot out of it, I look the other way when it comes to mods.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Yes and NO. Ford is really touchy when it comes to diesel warranty work and they have been known to send out districted engineers to look at jobs from time to time. That being said, if there are no red flags present and the truck has had "some kid" beating the snot out of it, I look the other way when it comes to mods.
Oh I know, it's def worth it though for how much better all the big 3 engines perform with a tune (and not just powerwise). Ford is lockin' down though on the Eco-Boost 6 with any flashes/tune.

With the diesels though, we've never had an issues even with warranty work related to the engine with either SCT/Innovative tunes.

Last edited by Quicksilver; 05-10-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Anybody tried the Gale Banks stuff?
Old 05-10-2011, 07:50 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to get about 7-8 with my 250 V10 pulling 8-10K
Old 05-10-2011, 09:12 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DollaBill, all those gas burners are terrible when it comes to towing. My 03 2500 HD only gets 7-8 towing and 10-11 highway empty.
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.