Notices

Duramax 2002 injectors--help!!

Old 06-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duramax 2002 injectors--help!!

Bought this truck new in 2002 it has run great, now it has 240k miles and i lost power, took it in to mechanic and he tested it and said i had low fuel pressure and there is oil and fuel mixed pushing out the oil pan breather, he said I need a new set of injectors, can anyone tell me the cheapest place to buy a set. Thanks in advance for any come backs
Old 06-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by tld120
Bought this truck new in 2002 it has run great, now it has 240k miles and i lost power, took it in to mechanic and he tested it and said i had low fuel pressure and there is oil and fuel mixed pushing out the oil pan breather, he said I need a new set of injectors, can anyone tell me the cheapest place to buy a set. Thanks in advance for any come backs
Buizilla is a member here and he works here,he can probably give you a deal on a set of them..

ask for jim..

http://www.dpii.com/

Last edited by FIXX; 06-25-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Registered

www.dieselplace.com

Anything and everything you could ever want to find on Duramax motors. There are several vendors on the site that can supply a set of injectors and the necessary parts to complete the job. If you are mechanically inclined, there are even threads with pictures of the step by step process.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered

Same thing happened on my friends '02. Same symptom, same diagnosis. Total repair was about $4K.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:49 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

kinda need to isolate the leak so you don't carteblanche the job... i'm inclined to do the pump first but 240k is a big number on the pump and injectors being tired
Old 06-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

it wont be the pump they rarely go, injectors are a common problem just had mine done too
If it is done at a gm dealer ship you get one year parts warranty. well i guess thats here in canada. but id imagine its the same in the USA
Old 06-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bustedbrick
Same thing happened on my friends '02. Same symptom, same diagnosis. Total repair was about $4K.
I had the same repair done two weeks ago on a work truck.....4k was the bill
Old 06-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh the night mare stories I could tell you, I bought one of these trucks new. How about an oil/fuel mix dumped on the brand new $200k boat you are towing. Covered my boat and the truck never skipped a beat, that was at 17k miles.

I had many injectors replaced at the dealership, until 2004 When GM started denying the claims. They wanted $8k to put all new injectors in my 46k mile truck with a 100k warranty. The reason they told me was bad fuel.

I bought bullydog injectors. Much better than OEM, got them for $1500 for all eight, and did them myself in my garage. Not for the faint of heart, but not that bad. You will need the tool to pull the injectors out (they are direct and in between the valve springs) and you will have to modify an allen to get at the screws in the valve cover under the firewall. I did it in about 8 hours.

Never had a problem again. However GM lost a class action lawsuit and offered to pay for any repairs I had to pay out of pocket, and gave my truck at the time a 200k warranty. I sent them the bill for the injectors and said I did them myself (at the time I taught automotive diagnostics) they sent me a letter saying they won't pay for repairs done outside a GM Dealer and told me my warranty was now void with the bully dog injectors installed :/

I sent the letter back with a copy of the sales reciept of my new 2005 Ford F350 Harley, $56k total, with a letter thanking them for helping on my decision for what new truck to buy.

Sad thing is will be buying another GM new next year, they just look too cool, and overall I liked the GM better. The Ford broke MORE! However they never questioned it, Ford fixed it everytime even with a Banks system, lift kit, and banks VVturbo installed. Ford even put a new engine in it at 86k cause the block deck was off after a HG blew.

If Ford could learn how to make black paint stick I might buy another.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

bully dog injectors are the same bosch injector bodies with oversized nozzles, I'm a diesel tech and do mostly diesel performance. My daily driver is an 800 hp duramax. if your getting fuel in the oil the injectors are bad and i reccomend replacing all 8. the extra labor to do all 8 once your in there is well worth it imop. if you have any questions pm me for my phone number i can pretty much walk you through that job blindfolded, they are that common
Old 06-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by 4bus
Oh the night mare stories I could tell you, I bought one of these trucks new. How about an oil/fuel mix dumped on the brand new $200k boat you are towing. Covered my boat and the truck never skipped a beat, that was at 17k miles.

I had many injectors replaced at the dealership, until 2004 When GM started denying the claims. They wanted $8k to put all new injectors in my 46k mile truck with a 100k warranty. The reason they told me was bad fuel.

I bought bullydog injectors. Much better than OEM, got them for $1500 for all eight, and did them myself in my garage. Not for the faint of heart, but not that bad. You will need the tool to pull the injectors out (they are direct and in between the valve springs) and you will have to modify an allen to get at the screws in the valve cover under the firewall. I did it in about 8 hours.

Never had a problem again. However GM lost a class action lawsuit and offered to pay for any repairs I had to pay out of pocket, and gave my truck at the time a 200k warranty. I sent them the bill for the injectors and said I did them myself (at the time I taught automotive diagnostics) they sent me a letter saying they won't pay for repairs done outside a GM Dealer and told me my warranty was now void with the bully dog injectors installed :/

I sent the letter back with a copy of the sales reciept of my new 2005 Ford F350 Harley, $56k total, with a letter thanking them for helping on my decision for what new truck to buy.

Sad thing is will be buying another GM new next year, they just look too cool, and overall I liked the GM better. The Ford broke MORE! However they never questioned it, Ford fixed it everytime even with a Banks system, lift kit, and banks VVturbo installed. Ford even put a new engine in it at 86k cause the block deck was off after a HG blew.

If Ford could learn how to make black paint stick I might buy another.
drive a dodge first, if you like dont look back and im a chevy guy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.