Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
New dodge H.D. 3500 cummins 4+4 mega >

New dodge H.D. 3500 cummins 4+4 mega

Notices

New dodge H.D. 3500 cummins 4+4 mega

Old 07-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is just a bunch of opionons.

You almost can't go wrong just pick the truck you like. I own a Dodge and I really like it. The trans is fine assuming you don't drive like a *******. The main reason I went with the Dodge was the price tag.

The Chevy is probably my overall favorite. It will produce excellent power and easily be the most comfortable.

The Ford is a great truck also, the compound turbos they have on them produce a lot of back pressure and don't perform well at elevation but still a great truck.

Just go with the own you like the most.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Dodge HD

Originally Posted by 388SLW
I have to get it to D.S. ,somehow to take u tubing !!!! LOL !!
LOL, i can't wait to see your boat, but on a serious note, I love the look of the Dodge HD truck. I think that would be a great choice. I just saw a Ford F450 Dually today, and that looked great too. It looked like it wanted to pull a Skater , LOL...
Old 07-19-2011, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Just rode in my friends HO 800lb/ft. Amazing! I thought my new 2010 was awesome but somehow this one is even better. Tons of power great ride amazing interior. I was really impressed with the A/C leather seats. BUY ONE you will be happy!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Registered

which one would you really trust on the open road or a long trip ? I would go with the dodge , but then again I own one , have heard to many horror stories on the other 2 .
Old 07-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
This thread is just a bunch of opionons.

You almost can't go wrong just pick the truck you like. I own a Dodge and I really like it. The trans is fine assuming you don't drive like a *******. The main reason I went with the Dodge was the price tag.

The Chevy is probably my overall favorite. It will produce excellent power and easily be the most comfortable.

The Ford is a great truck also, the compound turbos they have on them produce a lot of back pressure and don't perform well at elevation but still a great truck.

Just go with the own you like the most.
You are so right, all are good trucks. But like I said earlier Dodge is not the leader of the pack. But you have to factor in price,towing, etc. I will say this if you are getting a 350 or 450 dually whatever brand, thats a lot of towing power, and if you are towing under 10k both of those trucks are a huge waste of money.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 575cat
which one would you really trust on the open road or a long trip ? I would go with the dodge , but then again I own one , have heard to many horror stories on the other 2 .
have heard nothing but horror stories on the new dodges. my neighbor has one and been back to dealer 3 times already, shot tranny already.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Registered

do the searches on the 6.0 6.4 fords ,its endless , now that the factory warranties are running out or have run out allot of these people are getting caught with theyre pants down . I tell my customers and people I know if your going to buy a diesel chevy or dodge do not leave the lot without an extended warranty , and some times that wont cover it .Had a customer buy a 6.0 ford and got the extended warrany , a month later the EGR cooler blew and was not covered because it was attached to the engine and nort part of the engine ? but your right the trans will always be the week link, allot has to do with the opperator .
Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 575cat
do the searches on the 6.0 6.4 fords ,its endless , now that the factory warranties are running out or have run out allot of these people are getting caught with theyre pants down . I tell my customers and people I know if your going to buy a diesel chevy or dodge do not leave the lot without an extended warranty , and some times that wont cover it .Had a customer buy a 6.0 ford and got the extended warrany , a month later the EGR cooler blew and was not covered because it was attached to the engine and nort part of the engine ? but your right the trans will always be the week link, allot has to do with the opperator .
The 6.0 which is the world's first diesel powered coolant pump is a massive piece of crap. The 6.4 though is a good motor, some of them do occasionally puke but it is a good motor.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kellyshooty
have heard nothing but horror stories on the new dodges. my neighbor has one and been back to dealer 3 times already, shot tranny already.
I had a 2006 with a standard trans. I ran that truck for 40,000 miles makeing around 740hp and 1700 ft pounds. I did replace the clutch but the trans held up well. The motor also held 90 pounds of boost hundreds of times on just head studs.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
The 6.0 which is the world's first diesel powered coolant pump is a massive piece of crap. The 6.4 though is a good motor, some of them do occasionally puke but it is a good motor.
Yup 6.0 is junk specially from 02-03 to 2005. 06-07 werent bad. 6.4 is not junk and never heard anything bad about them yet.

For what its worth buddy has a 10 Ram hemi, been in 2-3 times already and tranny humms

But what was said above about warranties is good advice with a diesel. Me personally regardless of brand I will always have a powertrain warranty on a diesel whether it be factory or extended. You pay twice the money for diesel parts and 20% more on labor charges. Alot of diesels require special tools and knowledge to fix them, its not like a chevy 1500 where you and some friends can sit in the driveway on a saturday with a 12 pack and figure something out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.