Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Interesting post on the new 6.7 PSD >

Interesting post on the new 6.7 PSD

Notices

Interesting post on the new 6.7 PSD

Old 09-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I still think it sucks that thees trucks don't last more then 4 years or so before they start to rust up bad..... For what they are chanrging now you would think they could use a little better mettal. Nope they just don't care that much anymore.
From being up north? I know some owners in MI and it seems the Dodges rust the quickest and worst. GF's cousin has an 06' F-250 with very little rust. I'm not sure since I live in South FL, but isn't there some type of coating you can spray on, or is supposed to be added onto the trucks to defend against road salt etc. Thought I heard that? Not just a corrosive spray, but I could swear there was something else that could be used? May be wrong...
Old 09-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I still think it sucks that thees trucks don't last more then 4 years or so before they start to rust up bad..... For what they are chanrging now you would think they could use a little better mettal. Nope they just don't care that much anymore.
move to the relaxing south..Have a few beers, oysters, hot sauce, it dont get no better...
Old 09-16-2011, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one thats three years old and dont see it falling apart in the next year. It's all about how you take care of it. For one you can do the underliner stuff whether it be ziebart or whatever. But I find taking care of it is the best defense. Yes this means waxing it 2-3 times a year not the spray on wax or the wax that comes out at the car wash. And in the winter washing the vehicle 1-2 times a months helps. I have had plenty of cars and many showed no signs of rust for at least 8-10 years.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 750 Likes on 403 Posts

Here in Central Illinois, where if a flake falls they cover the roads a 1/2" inch deep in salt, Dodge trucks rust the worst followed by Chevy and then Ford. I can see where my 2010 Ford will first start rusting as they apply no seam sealer on the insides of the doors where the outer skins fold over and attach to the inner part of the door. Salt and moisture will work their way into this seam. I always wash and dry my door jambs out but you are just postponing the inevitable.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Speaking of which:

[youtube]b_mwjaEI_hM[/youtube]

Ford TV Ad Slams Obama Auto Bailouts
September 16, 2011 RSS Feed Print

America is still fighting over President Obama's costly bailout of Chrysler and General Motors. Especially the owners of Ford, the only member of Detroit's "Big Three" who rejected the government dole and emerged perfectly healthy.

In its most political ad in the so-called "Drive One" ads where real drivers are thrust before cameras to explain why they picked Ford, a real Ford F-150 pick-up driver is featured.

His name is Chris. After he sits down the "reporters" bark "Chris, Chris." One asks him to explain why "was buying American important to you."

Sitting and looking sincere and serious, Chris says: "I wasn't going to buy another car that was bailed out by our government. I was going to buy from a manufacturer that's standing on their own: win, lose, or draw. That's what America is about is taking the chance to succeed and understanding when you fail that you gotta' pick yourself up and go back to work. Ford is that company for me."

A Ford spokeswoman confirmed that Chris is an actual Ford owner and that those are his real words (the ad series is all unscripted).

According to a government report, taxpayers will lose $14 billion in the bailout.

From a June 1 Associated Press story:

WASHINGTON — Taxpayers will lose about $14 billion in the government's $80 billion bailout of Chrysler and GM, the White House said Wednesday, portraying the outcome as good news since the losses are far lower than originally anticipated.

Seizing on the figures, the Obama administration took credit for the resurgence of the U.S. auto industry, assuring taxpayers that the government's bailout of Chrysler and GM

was an investment worth making.

A report by the president's National Economic Council noted that as Detroit automakers rebound, the taxpayers' loss from the bailout will be about $14 billion, or less than 20 percent of the $80 billion that the Bush and Obama administration used to prop up the companies in 2008. The Treasury Department had expected losses closer to 60 percent."
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/was...-auto-bailouts

Last edited by CigDaze; 09-16-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 895 Likes on 486 Posts

Heartbeat of America, Made in Mexico

I just bought my first Ford after over 25 years of GM products only. I bought a brand new F150 Lariat Crew after stopping by the local GMC/Chevy store (single lot) and not being able to find a single 1500 truck in ANY trim level or brand that was not made in Silag, Mexico. I looked at 40+ trucks from stripper white bench seat longbeds to 4WD SLT Crew Cabs and every one was Mexican made.

I currently own 3 GMC's (04 + 05 Sierra and a 09 Yukon SLT) all of which were made in America. My trouble free 03 2500 Duramax Crew w/173K miles got traded and it was made in Flint.

F150 was made in Dearborn and simply crushes the GM products. F150 has tri-coat pearl white paint, black leather buckets with heated and a/c seats, 20 inch wheels, power rear slider.....truck had an MSRP of 40,525 so it was loaded and is still missing 4WD/Sunroof/Navigation and I wanted/needed none of those. Truck is 3 weeks old and I have 2600 miles on it and love it.

I never even bothered a salesman at the GM lot, I wasn't going to buy a Mexican made truck. BTW all Dodge diesel trucks and all Toyota Tacomas are made in Mexico. Honda CRV, all VW Jettas and Beetles are Mexican as well.

Mexico is known for sh!tty beer, 3rd rate resort destinations and not one product is known for quality anything!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 750 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

I just bought my first Ford after over 25 years of GM products only. I bought a brand new F150 Lariat Crew after stopping by the local GMC/Chevy store (single lot) and not being able to find a single 1500 truck in ANY trim level or brand that was not made in Silag, Mexico. I looked at 40+ trucks from stripper white bench seat longbeds to 4WD SLT Crew Cabs and every one was Mexican made.

I currently own 3 GMC's (04 + 05 Sierra and a 09 Yukon SLT) all of which were made in America. My trouble free 03 2500 Duramax Crew w/173K miles got traded and it was made in Flint.

F150 was made in Dearborn and simply crushes the GM products. F150 has tri-coat pearl white paint, black leather buckets with heated and a/c seats, 20 inch wheels, power rear slider.....truck had an MSRP of 40,525 so it was loaded and is still missing 4WD/Sunroof/Navigation and I wanted/needed none of those. Truck is 3 weeks old and I have 2600 miles on it and love it.

I never even bothered a salesman at the GM lot, I wasn't going to buy a Mexican made truck. BTW all Dodge diesel trucks and all Toyota Tacomas are made in Mexico. Honda CRV, all VW Jettas and Beetles are Mexican as well.

Mexico is known for sh!tty beer, 3rd rate resort destinations and not one product is known for quality anything!
I find this funny given how much crap you gave me when I bought my F-150 last May!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 895 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I find this funny given how much crap you gave me when I bought my F-150 last May!
Trust me I thought of that........My best friend since the 8th grade has been as die hard for Ford as I was for GM. He even was a Ford Tech for a few years and he gives me sh!t just about every time I talk to him! I have had a few guys on job sites give me a hard time also!

F150 does really crush the GM stuff currently. My wife even wants to get rid of the Yukon for a new Expedition EL.

The a/c seats are great, especially in Florida. Combined with the keyless entry it works great, leave truck running with a/c and a/c seats going and lock it/unlock with keyless system.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 1,330 Likes on 742 Posts

What does the VW plant in TN make?
Old 09-17-2011, 07:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

I have 3 Jettas, and the 06 has over 220k on her...still running strong...good salsa on this one

Corona Beer, mixed with my morning Clamato juice..is an excellent Sat. Morning poor mans Bloody Mary before you go fishing...

Lastly, Desire Resort is a quality place to relax

Thats 3 ok reasons for me

The F150 is light years ahead of the GM and Dodge pick ups...I will say you made the right choice for once...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.