Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Interesting post on the new 6.7 PSD >

Interesting post on the new 6.7 PSD

Notices

Interesting post on the new 6.7 PSD

Old 08-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interesting post on the new 6.7 PSD

Now this is from a hotshot haul site and I know most of you guys will never work your trucks like this but he talks about a few problems yall should know about;

I had a guy come look at one of my box trucks I have for sale last week. He's doing what I used to do, running 3PL Auto Freight, all throughout Texas and Lousiana for a company out of Houston. He was also running auto parts back during the 6.0 PJ fiasco(delivering bins and bins of injectors and 2-3 crated 6.0 engines a day) so we got to talking about this new Ford 6.7 Powerjoke.

He told me that here within the last month or 2 that his routes have picked up tremendously because of this new 6.7. Said he's back to delivering 1-2 maybe 3 crated 6.7 engines a day. 2 weeks ago he had to send 2 trucks on 1 route because the bobtail showed up with 7 crated 6.7 engines for delivery that day. He also said this go round it hasn't been "injectors" that was making him deliver to every Ford dealership every day within his territory, but it's fuel lines, or fuel "rail lines", whatever that is. Said they were shrink wrapped on hard cardboard with "Fragile" in big orange letters placed all over it. Said he was making his drivers put these packages up in the cab with them just in case. Told me it's just as bad as the 6.0 injector days. Dozens of those rail lines on the manifests every day.

I just searched all over the internet for these problems. Either Ford, or the truck owners themselves, are making it a point to not let this get out online. I found a couple of discussions about a blown turbo, and another about a truck having major fuel problems, but both discussions have been cut short with postings that are praising Fords quick response, and then no more activity in that discussion.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but I do wonder. I fully believed what this guy was telling me. If there are new crated 6.7 Powerjokes being run daily to dealerships by the dozens, how long until this makes it online???

I look at this guy as Paul Revere. Paul Revere rode his horse at night warning all that the British are coming, and then war broke out. Here is this guy running night hours delivering lots of Fords new engines that's supposed redeem them in the Diesel Truck market who really has no one he can warn about the possible war that's about to come with these customers that are buying into Fords new hype.

Just a thought.............and I wonder how bad it's going to get this time.

http://ltlhotshot.myfreeforum.org/ft...5-0-asc-10.php

Another post by the site owner about the 6.0/6.4;

Yep, in the beginning everyone came out praising the 6.0 and 6.4 also. It was a total nightmare for guys who worked these trucks the way we do here. Had Owner Operators with new F350 and F450 stuck for weeks at a time. When most of them got rolling again it was less then a week and they were back in the shop again for overheated motors, bad radiators ,and fuel harness's. Had one guy in the shop 7 or 8 times in the first month, he had less then 10,000 miles on the truck (all pulling). Everytime they changed the fuel harness they had to pull the cab and front clip off the fame. Thats ok when your under warranty but what about when the waranty is long gone. Imagine footing the bill for that several times a month.

We were hauling a lot brand new Ford trucks that got Lemon Law'd to a crusher in NV during that time. Most Hotshot Owner Operators who had these trucks gave them back to the banks because they couldn't afford to work them, just to much down time. It was sad to watch, beautiful trucks with a bad power plant.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is why i won't buy another new truck,i've had bad luck with every new truck since 02.Im back in my 97 12v Dodge that has never broke down one time in 14 years.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

same thing seems to be happening with the big trucks , most wont buy a newer one because all the emmisions garbage on the new semis make them unrelaible
Old 08-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Now this is from a hotshot haul site and I know most of you guys will never work your trucks like this but he talks about a few problems yall should know about;

I had a guy come look at one of my box trucks I have for sale last week. He's doing what I used to do, running 3PL Auto Freight, all throughout Texas and Lousiana for a company out of Houston. He was also running auto parts back during the 6.0 PJ fiasco(delivering bins and bins of injectors and 2-3 crated 6.0 engines a day) so we got to talking about this new Ford 6.7 Powerjoke.

He told me that here within the last month or 2 that his routes have picked up tremendously because of this new 6.7. Said he's back to delivering 1-2 maybe 3 crated 6.7 engines a day. 2 weeks ago he had to send 2 trucks on 1 route because the bobtail showed up with 7 crated 6.7 engines for delivery that day. He also said this go round it hasn't been "injectors" that was making him deliver to every Ford dealership every day within his territory, but it's fuel lines, or fuel "rail lines", whatever that is. Said they were shrink wrapped on hard cardboard with "Fragile" in big orange letters placed all over it. Said he was making his drivers put these packages up in the cab with them just in case. Told me it's just as bad as the 6.0 injector days. Dozens of those rail lines on the manifests every day.

I just searched all over the internet for these problems. Either Ford, or the truck owners themselves, are making it a point to not let this get out online. I found a couple of discussions about a blown turbo, and another about a truck having major fuel problems, but both discussions have been cut short with postings that are praising Fords quick response, and then no more activity in that discussion.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but I do wonder. I fully believed what this guy was telling me. If there are new crated 6.7 Powerjokes being run daily to dealerships by the dozens, how long until this makes it online???

I look at this guy as Paul Revere. Paul Revere rode his horse at night warning all that the British are coming, and then war broke out. Here is this guy running night hours delivering lots of Fords new engines that's supposed redeem them in the Diesel Truck market who really has no one he can warn about the possible war that's about to come with these customers that are buying into Fords new hype.

Just a thought.............and I wonder how bad it's going to get this time.

http://ltlhotshot.myfreeforum.org/ft...5-0-asc-10.php

Another post by the site owner about the 6.0/6.4;

Yep, in the beginning everyone came out praising the 6.0 and 6.4 also. It was a total nightmare for guys who worked these trucks the way we do here. Had Owner Operators with new F350 and F450 stuck for weeks at a time. When most of them got rolling again it was less then a week and they were back in the shop again for overheated motors, bad radiators ,and fuel harness's. Had one guy in the shop 7 or 8 times in the first month, he had less then 10,000 miles on the truck (all pulling). Everytime they changed the fuel harness they had to pull the cab and front clip off the fame. Thats ok when your under warranty but what about when the waranty is long gone. Imagine footing the bill for that several times a month.

We were hauling a lot brand new Ford trucks that got Lemon Law'd to a crusher in NV during that time. Most Hotshot Owner Operators who had these trucks gave them back to the banks because they couldn't afford to work them, just to much down time. It was sad to watch, beautiful trucks with a bad power plant.
Dude you are a joke. everyone on here knows your a professional internet troll ,& dodge cheerleader so get your facts straight and shake your pom pom somewhere else . we have seen very few 6.7 repairs in our shop & no major repairs yet .
Old 08-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by vette131
Dude you are a joke. everyone on here knows your a professional internet troll ,& dodge cheerleader so get your facts straight and shake your pom pom somewhere else . we have seen very few 6.7 repairs in our shop & no major repairs yet .
WHAT?? I have been blindly following everything Catmando Says on here for years. As a result I now have cummins engines in my truck, car, motorcycle, fourwheeler, lawnmower, weedwacker and power blender....
Old 08-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Registered

If this is true, sounds like the OE is pulling out all the stops to contain the issue, how is this a bad thing? Every OE expedites product to contain issues like this, it doesn't mean too much.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
WHAT?? I have been blindly following everything Catmando Says on here for years. As a result I now have cummins engines in my truck, car, motorcycle, fourwheeler, lawnmower, weedwacker and power blender....
LMAO!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Registered

WOW !!!...thats what I call a b*tch slap !!!!

Last edited by IB-Mod; 08-26-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

How's Dodge doing with that government money they took from us Cat? Remind me again, how much did Ford take?

Buck
Old 08-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered

My diesel guy, one of Fords top ten in the country, says the same thing. Hasn't seen one in the shop for major motor issues yet! Now one thing I have heard, and its related to the fuel system, has to due with changing the fuel filters. And if they're changed the wrong way, the entire fuel system loses pressure, and can only be reset at the dealership. Maybe a lot guys are unaware of this, and are changing those fuel rails, as were stated above.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.