Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Interesting post on the new 6.7 PSD >

Interesting post on the new 6.7 PSD

Notices

Interesting post on the new 6.7 PSD

Old 09-01-2011, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post a pic of the sale receipt on here. Dont believe it either
Old 09-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunsation0032
Post a pic of the sale receipt on here. Dont believe it either
The only way maybe if it was a demo or corporate car. But even those do not have that big of discounts
Old 09-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by soldier4402
The only way maybe if it was a demo or corporate car. But even those do not have that big of discounts
Those demo's still go for waaaaay more than 35k. I don't think this guys friend is letting him in on all the "info". There's just no way a dealer is going to sell a truck like that, that's in demand for 35k... none of the high volume dealers will do that even with all the discounts and their incentive combined and then some.

Why won't they post the name of the dealer? I''ll order 10 trucks and flip them for 10-15k+ in profit each.

Last edited by Quicksilver; 09-02-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am with the other guys! I just need 1. For anything close to 35 I will fly out and drive one home. Please let us know who the dealer is and I will give them a call today and start to work out a deal!

Jon
Old 09-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Originally Posted by buck183
How's Dodge doing with that government money they took from us Cat? Remind me again, how much did Ford take?

Buck
Sorry Buck but Ford took a LOT of money. Do some research on it and you will be disapointed.

Jon
Old 09-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Sorry Buck but Ford took a LOT of money. Do some research on it and you will be disapointed.

Jon
No they didn't, it was Ford Credit... separate companies and that was to do with the credit markets as a whole failing and it wasn't a bailout, it was a loan like many many others got. Completely different then the bailout funds for Chrysler/GM. The "loans" for credit companies were to ensure floating and writing ability for new purchases/leases etc, just like thousands of others that received similar loans. As imagine what would have happened to the economy if nobody could purchases/lease a car or other things as small as furniture store lines b/c they couldn't service or sell the paper on the secondary and capital markets when anything to do with "credit" was almost at a standstill in those.

Ford itself was fine as they were smart to stock up on cash and sell off divisions (Jag, Aston etc)

Last edited by Quicksilver; 09-11-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by fountainfan42
NEW he said they are a volume dealer and they get huge $$ back from Ford every 3 mos roughly 1 Mill and theres a Dodge dealer in Idaho the same way they operate on the incentives to the tune of 1 million every quarter .
???? was that with the snowplow and the bed liner????

Western?????
Old 09-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Those demo's still go for waaaaay more than 35k. I don't think this guys friend is letting him in on all the "info". There's just no way a dealer is going to sell a truck like that, that's in demand for 35k... none of the high volume dealers will do that even with all the discounts and their incentive combined and then some.

Why won't they post the name of the dealer? I''ll order 10 trucks and flip them for 10-15k+ in profit each.
Yeah I know. Maybe a demo that was a single cab 2WD only way I see a new truck being that cheap. I was out at the lot the other day and a standard XLT was 54 and some change
Old 09-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I was at my buddies dealership on Sat. I asked him if this was possible. He stated that if it was the truck that was described he said he would buy 100 of them. This sounds like a Jim Darr post.. do some research.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Ford Motor Credit Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company. You are spliting hairs.

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
No they didn't, it was Ford Credit... separate companies and that was to do with the credit markets as a whole failing and it wasn't a bailout, it was a loan like many many others got. Completely different then the bailout funds for Chrysler/GM. The "loans" for credit companies were to ensure floating and writing ability for new purchases/leases etc, just like thousands of others that received similar loans. As imagine what would have happened to the economy if nobody could purchases/lease a car or other things as small as furniture store lines b/c they couldn't service or sell the paper on the secondary and capital markets when anything to do with "credit" was almost at a standstill in those.

Ford itself was fine as they were smart to stock up on cash and sell off divisions (Jag, Aston etc)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.