Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Nor-Tech 50' cat behind a 3500 GMC? >

Nor-Tech 50' cat behind a 3500 GMC?

Notices

Nor-Tech 50' cat behind a 3500 GMC?

Old 11-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
as long as it is'nt behind a D@DGE you'll be just fine
had to do it Cat

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please dont get him going.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think as long as you kept the speed down under 40 mph (70 kph) or so, and didn't have any big hills to negotiate, you'd be OK for a short haul. If you needed to get up to highway speeds safely, definitely get a medium duty or big rig with the transmission and brakes to do the job.

P.S. I could not pull this thing legally here with my 4500 kodiak. It would take a properly equipped 5500 or 6500 with a CDL driver for sure.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
as long as it is'nt behind a D@DGE you'll be just fine
had to do it Cat

I think a Ram 5500 would pull it just fine but I didn't say that because I knew some meathead like yourself would bust me about it. Then you go ahead and bust me anyways cut me some slack son.

Last edited by Catmando; 11-27-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Catmando
I think a Ram 5500 would pull it just fine but I didn't say that because I knew Im a meathead unlike yourself and I would get busted about it. go ahead and bust me anyways please and please dont cut me any slack sir.
Oh Cat....

What would we do without our resident dodge/evereyhting guru. At least you are positive and do generally provide factual information on truck specs. For that sir, I thank you.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
I think a Ram 1500 would pull it just fine but I didn't say that because I knew some meathead like yourself would bust me about it. Then you go ahead and bust me anyways cut me some slack son.
C'mon now Cat may as well pull it with a ranger or a Tundra if your gunna do the D@dge
carry on

Old 11-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tcelano

P.S. I could not pull this thing legally here with my 4500 kodiak. It would take a properly equipped 5500 or 6500 with a CDL driver for sure.
Only if you were hauling the boat for pay. If you are not a commercial driver, you do not need a CDL. The CDL laws do not apply to "Personal use, not for hire vehicles registered as a motorhome"

Yes, thats a whole other topic that people will battle me on but theres only 3 states that say you have to have ANY kind of endorsement to drive an airbrake setup big rig for PERSONAL use. And thats just an endorsement showing you know how to operate and adjust airbrakes.

We have a 40' diesel pusher with airbrakes, tag axle and 40' trailer. And a regular OK class D drivers license is all it takes to move it. Now if we hired a guy to drive it to the shop, he has to have a CDL with airbrake.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy222
Only if you were hauling the boat for pay. If you are not a commercial driver, you do not need a CDL. The CDL laws do not apply to "Personal use, not for hire vehicles registered as a motorhome"

Yes, thats a whole other topic that people will battle me on but theres only 3 states that say you have to have ANY kind of endorsement to drive an airbrake setup big rig for PERSONAL use. And thats just an endorsement showing you know how to operate and adjust airbrakes.

We have a 40' diesel pusher with airbrakes, tag axle and 40' trailer. And a regular OK class D drivers license is all it takes to move it. Now if we hired a guy to drive it to the shop, he has to have a CDL with airbrake.
Well said, and btw, half of all the 4500 and 5500 are exaclty the same minus the sticker, and the othe half bearly are different. Lame underpowered trucks that they stopped making for a reason! LOl! J/K around.