Notices

Improve handling 2011 F-250

Old 11-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Improve handling 2011 F-250

I am very happy with my F-250 except that the on-center feel of the steering is mushy. I actually have to pay attention to know that I'm going straight. I know they made the ride softer, which is good, but I want some more road feel. Anyone else feeling the same thing or have any remedies? My rig is the 6.7 PSD King Ranch.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
I am very happy with my F-250 except that the on-center feel of the steering is mushy. I actually have to pay attention to know that I'm going straight. I know they made the ride softer, which is good, but I want some more road feel. Anyone else feeling the same thing or have any remedies? My rig is the 6.7 PSD King Ranch.
Same feeling. Just picked mine up Wed after driving my 08 GMC duallly for the past several years. Steering on this new ford is light as hell however the rest of the truck is great.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I think stiffer shocks would help, maybe tires. But I had the same Michelins on my 06 and they felt good. Bigger sway bars?
Old 11-28-2011, 05:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

It takes a while to get use to the GM steering vs Ford. What I have done on my F350...is add Rancho dual stabilizer steering shocks. This helps with the larger 325 60 R20's I put on..keeps the wheels straight, especially when going over pot holes or the highways we have here in LA that were built on swamps..washboard...I also added on this truck was 4 Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks....This made a huge improvement on ride and handling. The truck actually rides better than my 11 F250 and GMC 2500...Level 1 is like stock.. I keep the fronts on 5 and rears on 7... The ride feels more controlled, sways less when going around a turn a little faster, and works great especially when Im trailering my 15k trak hoe. There is also a rear sway bar I was reading about in one of my truck magazines...Jeff
Old 11-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 260 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Same feeling. Just picked mine up Wed after driving my 08 GMC duallly for the past several years. Steering on this new ford is light as hell however the rest of the truck is great.
Congrats on the new truck!

Hope everyone figure out a way to fix the steering feel.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

I'd try double shocks on the front end, and steering stabilizer(s).
Old 11-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Congrats on the new truck!

Hope everyone figure out a way to fix the steering feel.
Thanks. A guy I know kinda convinced me on going to a SRW.....
Old 11-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
It takes a while to get use to the GM steering vs Ford. What I have done on my F350...is add Rancho dual stabilizer steering shocks. This helps with the larger 325 60 R20's I put on..keeps the wheels straight, especially when going over pot holes or the highways we have here in LA that were built on swamps..washboard...I also added on this truck was 4 Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks....This made a huge improvement on ride and handling. The truck actually rides better than my 11 F250 and GMC 2500...Level 1 is like stock.. I keep the fronts on 5 and rears on 7... The ride feels more controlled, sways less when going around a turn a little faster, and works great especially when Im trailering my 15k trak hoe. There is also a rear sway bar I was reading about in one of my truck magazines...Jeff
Jeff, with the 235's, did you have to add a leveling kit? Not to sound like PR388 but..... any pixs of the setup?
Old 11-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 260 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Thanks. A guy I know kinda convinced me on going to a SRW.....
LOL! Thanks.

I am not sure dual shocks are as good as a single high quality shock, maybe even with a resovoir. I know I am really impressed with the OE replacement Bilstein. They are a monotube which is actually better then a twin tube (even though "twin" sounds like more its actually worse, and a cheaper way to manufacture).

Same with a steering stabilizer, single high quality should help as good or better then dual.

Had anyone checked the tire pressures??

Friend just bought his new ford today and is happy. I asked him if the steering is light but he does not really feel it, I think he is just so happy on the new truck since his 6.0 ford was a POS. Even after all the normal problems it just fell apart at 100,000 and its used lightly.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
My 11 F250 Laredo 6.7 PSD did the same thing..... The dealer told me to put 75lbs in the tires, but I decided to keep them at 65lbs like it says on the door jam. Not sure if it went away or just got use to it. A friend of mine has the 18" wheels and said he never had the problem. I love the truck!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.