Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Best tires these days for Duramax? >

Best tires these days for Duramax?

Notices

Best tires these days for Duramax?

Old 12-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nitto terra grappler
Old 12-10-2011, 03:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toyo A/T
Old 03-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Has anyone had any experience with the Goodyear Fierce Attitude M/T tires? I haven't been able to find much talk about them at all. I saw a set of them on a Tahoe the other day and they definitely looked aggressive.

I need to replace the BFG AT's (285/75-16) on my 2006 Duramax Crew Cab 4X4. I swapped them from my 1500 with about 20,000 miles on them when I bought the 2500 and have put another 30,000 more on them since then. They have been a great all around tire for occasional towing (10,000 lb boat) and street driving. They were awesome in the snow and equally good in the mud but I have heard rumblings about the BFG AT's quality, wear life and increased price.

Any recommendations on either the Goodyear and/or the BFG's would be much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Best tires these days for Duramax?-goodyear-fierce-attitude_mt_tire-zoom.jpg   Best tires these days for Duramax?-goodyear-fierce-attitude_mt_tire-s.jpg  
Old 03-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have never heard of them. Tried a set of Goodyear Wrangler M/T on my last Duramax and they wore out really fast. The tread/style looked similar to those.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

IMHO, Goodyear truck tires suck on a truck. I do like them on a boat trailer though.

BFG or Yokohama
Old 03-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
IMHO, Goodyear truck tires suck on a truck. I do like them on a boat trailer though.

BFG or Yokohama
Yeh ran Good Year A/Ts once, never again.... ****ty ride, noisy, and poor wear. Oh yeh and on an suv once, I was away and told the gf to get Michelin A/T's for it, they were out so they put on Good Year RT/S or whatever their called, ****ty ****ty, I didn't care at first but then after they started wearing ughhh, and traction sucked.

I personally love the Terra Grapplers all around on HD trucks, excellent ride, wear, and traction.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Strange???

The weird thing is that it appears as though they have been out since 2009 and are made by Goodyear but they have there own website http://www.fiercetires.com/. Even more strange is that when you select a retailer it lists several local places like Sears and Sam's Club but when you look at the listing on, for example the Sam's Club site, they are described as Dunlop Fierce Attitude tires.

I thought for sure there would be someone on here that had at least tried them or known of someone who had. Price wise they are middle of the road from $210-$250 each and the handful of reviews I found are very positive.

Last edited by Smitty1035; 03-21-2012 at 03:33 PM.