Notices

Big Three Comparison

Old 04-24-2012, 01:08 AM
Registered

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 41
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the new dodge trucks have garmin for built in GPS. what pisses me off is my nuvi 250 is $70 for lifetime updates. the one in the truck is over $300 for ONE update. I use the hand held 90% of the time.

Originally Posted by soldier4402
True and competiton drives innovation and lowers prices. what irriatetes me to this day on trucks(sorry for the rant) Is 90% of us have Garmins GPS why cant somebody build something into the dash with a plug so we dont have to stick to winshield or drill holes. I know a lot of GPS are different but you would think they could come up with a common design.

Also chevy has been out with the side doors on extended cabs that open all the way for what 6 years now and dodge has actual doors on their extended cabs yet Ford still has the dumb ace doors that open half way. My guess its an attempt to have you spend 4 grand on two doors and another foot of sheet metal on the cab.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had two duramaxes ('02 LB7 and 08 LMM in a 4500 kodiak.), as well as a 06 5.9 2500 mega cab and an '11 6.7 2500 quad cab. All of these motors have performed shockingly well for me. I have to say, though, having the Allison in the Kodiak makes a world of a difference. I just pulled a flatbed that was about 10k (and the truck weighs 12 to start with) up from CA to portland this morning. It amazes me how that transmission can handle the power, stay in lockup in any gear, and shift smoother than any car, even under load. The cummins motor might be torquier, but the 68rfe, while night and day compared to the old 4 speed just doesn't work as well. I wish Dodge would tune their torque converters to hook up so we could use the motor.

I had the zf 6 speed manual in the '02 Chevy. The clutch judder made pulling boats out and maneuvering trailers a lot less fun than it should have been. Had I know how good the Allison was back then, I'd never have gone with the manual.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrahs
the new dodge trucks have garmin for built in GPS. what pisses me off is my nuvi 250 is $70 for lifetime updates. the one in the truck is over $300 for ONE update. I use the hand held 90% of the time.
Yeah I know you can get built in, but I aint paying the 1000 bucks or whatever it is for it. Im talking about something molded into the dash to fit the standard portable GPS systems.

What I am reffering to is something like a slot or cup holder build into the top of the dash with a plug where you could slide the gps in and plug it in or put the gps mount and all into the dash

Last edited by soldier4402; 04-24-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Dont count the Dodge interior out. Dont know if MB had any influences when they were involved with the Chrysler Group..but it is nicely done. The seats are not quite as comfortable or is as long where your butt sits, as compared to the Fords..but the overall execution was done extremely well. The GM's interior in our 11 is like my 06 GMC..nothing has changed except the color of the leather..Jeff
Do interiors really matter? Man I dont know how many times I have seen somebody hauling and been like nice interior. Thats one thing I could care less about. I mean guess if two brands were even than maybe that would be the deciding factor.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Registered

Ok now the arguments are over lets see some of these bad azz trucks no matter what make.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Registered

Until they start putting Allison's in Fords and Dodges, I'll stick with GM...........
Old 04-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Do interiors really matter? Man I dont know how many times I have seen somebody hauling and been like nice interior. Thats one thing I could care less about. I mean guess if two brands were even than maybe that would be the deciding factor.
I think the comfort of interior, and egernomics and positioning of knobs makes a big difference in fatigue for us guys doing longer hauls. When you drive to Atlanta every other week..it makes a difference. Just picked up a 32 Regulator, delivered it to NC area....long azz haul..then off to WI to bring a 69 Z28 down...43 hours of driving... Comfort makes a difference..especially for us older guys..
Old 04-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rssteiny
Ok now the arguments are over lets see some of these bad azz trucks no matter what make.
Agreed
Attached Thumbnails Big Three Comparison-100_0368.jpg   Big Three Comparison-photo-1-2-.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Jassman; 04-26-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:06 AM
Registered

Really? I ride in the truck, not in that back. LOL
Old 04-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cbrahs
have you worked on a ford lately?
Yes....piece of cake! A five year old can work on these!
Attached Thumbnails Big Three Comparison-dsc_0958.jpg   Big Three Comparison-dsc_0970.jpg   Big Three Comparison-dsc_0971.jpg  

Big Three Comparison-dsc_1223.jpg   Big Three Comparison-dsc_1237.jpg  

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 04-24-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.