Notices

What should/can I do?

Old 05-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should/can I do?

The other day I bought an 04 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 gas truck. The problem is this. It's not an HD, less then 12 hours after getting it home I noticed it didn't have the HD after the 2500 badge. Never though much about it before because the build sheet I was handed had it listed as such. What's odd is that even though the build sheet says its a true HD it also says its 8600 gvw and has a 3.73 axle, neither of which are the case in a real HD. I also pulled it next to an 03 in a local dealer next to me and the exhaust frame and ride height are vastly different.

So, the problem is this, dealer wouldn't let me bring it back but said I could bring it back and trade for something or equal valve or greater and pay the differance within 3 days. They have nothing close in stock and it's now been 4 days. I'm livid! It was listed everywhere, even their site as being an HD (saved and printed ads). What can I do?

Dealer was Nucar connection in Delaware

Last edited by prostock85; 05-03-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:45 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Calls into the BBB and a lawyer if needed should do the trick. Get a big sign and park it out front of the place telling potential buyers what a shady deal you just got rooked into. See how fast they cut you a check.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
Calls into the BBB and a lawyer if needed should do the trick. Get a big sign and park it out front of the place telling potential buyers what a shady deal you just got rooked into. See how fast they cut you a check.
If they don't do something soon, that will happen. Problem is I don't think it was intentional. They probably copied the build sheet which says its an HD. What makes it sh!tty is that I'm financing it and they already auctioned my trade ($500 pos).
Old 05-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

If you feel you really "need" the HD, then they have to take it back. Where there is a will there is a way, especially if you have PAPER PROOF, which you do.

If you can live with it, then at least, at least, get them to cut you a check for $2000+.

Good luck.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Registered

Default fixx

tell them how things will go down if they don't do something about their screw up..i'm sure they can dealer trade a used truck if they had to..if they don't do anything i would be driving by the dealer everyday with my BB gun taking out windows on new vehicles..the porcelain from a broken spark plug also does wonders to windows and the best thing about its nice and quiet and don't take much to take out a side window.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have the sales ads and the build sheets that both state HD but you didn't receive an HD truck, that's a clear and blatant misrepresentation and fraud. Get a lawyer to strike up some legal papers threatening them. It'll only cost a couple hundred bucks, but It'll make them change their minds really quick. You have everything going for you and you will win this easily. I'd bet they'll start working with you quickly considering they will be out a sale plus legal expenses.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Registered

I have an attorney friend. A well written letter will usually take care of a situation like this. Good luck
Old 05-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Prostock: Does it have 8 lug axles? If you plug your vin into a website it will tell you what your vehicle is. I think all 2500's are HD but I could be wrong. The diesels have a body lift.

Wannabe
Old 05-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wannabe
Prostock: Does it have 8 lug axles? If you plug your vin into a website it will tell you what your vehicle is. I think all 2500's are HD but I could be wrong. The diesels have a body lift.

Wannabe
It is 8 lug, I parked next to the identical truck except 03 (same engine trans etc) yesterday and the HD frame was 4" taller in the rear. The ride was completely different as well. Just pissed right now.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Registered

Can anyone recommend a fraud lawyer in the New Castle, Delaware area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.