Notices

EZ-Lube or Bearing Buddy?

Old 10-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

air tight sucks, just replaced the bearings on my Myco sitting under my 35 Fountain Lightning. I had to replace them in a HEB (grocery store in Texas) parking lot, thank god I got the beast off of HWY 290 before 5pm traffic set in. To make a long story short that was three weeks ago. Today I went to take the boat out for a little run, and the tire behind the one I just replaced starting making some noise and sure enough that bearing was smoking. I have used bearing buddies for decades without any problem, Saturday the air tights go in the trash after I replace the other three sets of bearings and they all get the time tested solution new buddy bearings.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:08 PM
Registered

How the hell did you find a parking lot in the Houston area big enough to work on your rig? I have a hard enough FU#KING time just trying to find a parking spot for my short bed F-350 crew cab in the god forsaken city!!
Old 10-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Registered

One thing I do. When on a road trip the wheels get hot on the wheels with brakes. I stop at a car wash or find a hose (water) an cool my wheels before submerging in water. Less contraction (sucking water) in the hubs from a sudden cool down. I've been doing this for years. Helps alot if you launch your boat right when you get there. Artie
Old 10-24-2014, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

I really like the EZ-Lube on my new axles. Not a sign of grease escaping anywhere. Pump grease till I see it coming over the castle nut and replace cap. No Voodoo Magic.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:56 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Almost all of the bearings we replace on customer trailers are on EZ lube axles and the bad ones always have water in them. We have at least 20 customers with Bearing Buddy axles that have never had a bearing replaced. On the Bearing Buddy axles we add grease to the point that the spring just starts to come off its seat. 2 of my personal trailers have EZ lube and 2 have Bearing Buddies, I keep a close eye on the boat trailer with EZ Lube, the other is a RV trailer that works fine because it does not go under water.