Notices

Wish they were using a FORD!!!

Old 10-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

7.3 Ford 381,000 miles going stronger then ever.... drives, looks, and feels new still... I think the quality is just fine....
Old 10-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

not that a honda is something to write home about and if I went import and jap import at that, it would be a yota. But a guy down at camp had an older chevy and something went wrong with it, i sat there and listened to him and really he was pissed because chevy wouldnt cover a repair, but in reality it was something way beyond warranty and was just expecting something for free. None the less his brother bought a honda ridgeline, and he told me how great it was bla bla. So he dumped the chevy for the honda ridgeline. almost a year later his brother dumped the honda for a ram and 6 months later the guy i know was back into a chevy, lol. His brothers ridgeling was a pile broke about 4 times in a year. his truck operated fine, but he underestimated going from a full size truck down to a ridgeline.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
7.3 Ford 381,000 miles going stronger then ever.... drives, looks, and feels new still... I think the quality is just fine....
I think you need to go drive a new one if your think your 381k truck still drives as new. Prpb the most over used term out there

And BTW, the 7.3l was a great engine that was basically problem free...imagine that.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by soldier4402
not that a honda is something to write home about and if I went import and jap import at that, it would be a yota. But a guy down at camp had an older chevy and something went wrong with it, i sat there and listened to him and really he was pissed because chevy wouldnt cover a repair, but in reality it was something way beyond warranty and was just expecting something for free. None the less his brother bought a honda ridgeline, and he told me how great it was bla bla. So he dumped the chevy for the honda ridgeline. almost a year later his brother dumped the honda for a ram and 6 months later the guy i know was back into a chevy, lol. His brothers ridgeling was a pile broke about 4 times in a year. his truck operated fine, but he underestimated going from a full size truck down to a ridgeline.
Maybe I have bad luck, maybe I demand more? I take better care of my stuff than most. I just feel I was short changed on my last 4 purchases. Dodge, Chevy, Ford, GMC

In this day things have gotten less expensive but are also cheaper, and I accept that. However, when something gets more expensive and the quality goes DOWN I have a problem with it.

Understand that the CNY salt roads are harder on vehicles than anywhere in the country, however still......stupid little chit that screams cheap on expensive vehicles.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AMEN!! Had 3 of them over 200k great truck / engine combo. My 2008 6.4 does ride a little better but still basically the same truck. Just rolled 155k. love it!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have more then a dozen friends with all years of Ford diesel, all with minimal issues, its more about knowing the trucks then anything... we are all our own mechanics and know the "issues" at hand with certain engines... so its easy to prevent the issues...
Old 10-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Registered

I have more then a dozen friends with all years of Ford diesel, all with minimal issues, its more about knowing the trucks then anything... we are all our own mechanics and know the "issues" at hand with certain engines... so its easy to prevent the issues...
Sure it's easy to prevent the issues after the issues are known, how about buying a new one for 58k and having it chit out on you. This filtering of the antifreeze thing on the 6.0l was not common knowledges when I had mine, nor should I have had to modify a 2 year old truck with 25k miles on it. my truck needed $32k in engine only warranty work over 4.5 years I owned it. 82k miles, never missed a maintence item, in fact I over did it.

You keep re-engineering crap in your driveway to make it last, I need my vehicles for work
Old 10-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 4bus
Sure it's easy to prevent the issues after the issues are known, how about buying a new one for 58k and having it chit out on you. This filtering of the antifreeze thing on the 6.0l was not common knowledges when I had mine, nor should I have had to modify a 2 year old truck with 25k miles on it. my truck needed $32k in engine only warranty work over 4.5 years I owned it. 82k miles, never missed a maintence item, in fact I over did it.

You keep re-engineering crap in your driveway to make it last, I need my vehicles for work
I agree but I also know many fleet vehicles that were 6.0 with no issues, honestly the 6.0 was hit or miss and pure luck, the biggest issue years being 03-04... the 05 up seemed to have much less issues..

overall the Ford fleet does very well and thats one reason the dominate the fleet market, all breands have issues, as much as I love Ford, there is a reason I have a 7.3 still....
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Understand that the CNY salt roads are harder on vehicles than anywhere in the country, however still......stupid little chit that screams cheap on expensive vehicles.
Clevelands harsh too, soon as I see a sign of rust I find me another Texas truck and go for a plane ride... I dont like spending on new trucks and losing my azz so I buy perfect trucks from Texas ... HATE SALT!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 6.0 was the biggest flop Ford/navistar/ international ever produces. Everyone knows that. I bought a new one in 06 lasted about 24k it took a $hit like they all did. Ford put a new engine in it no questions asked. If you have access to the internet its pretty easy to figure out the 6.0 was a disaster. I sold it ASAP & moved on. My 08 has been flawless!!! just rolled 155k I use the $hit out of my truck its strictly a work truck. Hauls a bobcat, chipper, stump cutter, whatever I hook to it it just does it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.