Notices

New Chevy Silverado for 2014

Old 01-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
My reply to cab space can be proven with actual numbers. Comfort is subjective and always will be.

Bumpers, they're all thin. You could almost dent all of them with your knuckle. GM's are covered with plastic on the front though. That should help in a collision.

The new F150s are pricey. Not gonna argue that. I never said they were cheap. Keep in mind you also have the first half ton truck that is ALMOST comparable to a 3/4 with it's capabilities. (don't read too much into my "almost" comment) The new F150s also have a LOT more options and packages available than GM is offering too.

As for the plastic.....let me know how that glass house is working out for you.

Again, been a hardcore GM man since the word go. Never thought I would own anything different. Doing what I do for a living I have the ability to step back and look at things as they really are now.

Disclaimer....none of my comments are in reference to any 3/4 ton or heavier truck.

Buck
well said. Although i understand what you said about the 3/4 ton addage, I think some need to stop reffering to my 3/4 ton diesel can do this or that, good for you, I had one and know what it can do. Whatever brand you choose the 1/2 ton is a very capable truck and if you look at numbers todays half tons are just as strong if not stronger then 3/4 ton trucks that were manufactured just over a decade ago.

But I like you have been a GM man and would prefer one in the garage, but due to my towing needs and the fact that money just cant be spent on blind loyalty, I now buy my trucks or all vehicles objectively. And when you compare the current chevy to the current ford, there is no comparison.

Last edited by soldier4402; 01-03-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
well said. Although i understand what you said about the 3/4 ton addage, I think some need to stop reffering to my 3/4 ton diesel can do this or that, good for you, I had one and know what it can do. Whatever brand you choose the 1/2 ton is a very capable truck and if you look at numbers todays half tons are just as strong if not stronger then 3/4 ton trucks that were manufactured just over a decade ago.

But I like you have been a GM man and would prefer one in the garage, but due to my towing needs and the fact that money just cant be spent on blind loyalty, I know buy my trucks or all vehicles objectively. And when you compare the current chevy to the current ford, there is no comparison.

Hit the nail on the head in my book.

Buck
Old 01-03-2013, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well I have been looking at new trucks, ford & chevy..what gets me is when I speced out almost idenical trucks, crew cab, Z71vs FX4, nav, leather, heated cooled, max trailer tow, sunroof and 6.2's...hard to handle the ford is 5K more !!!!! you can build them online and see the price....unreal...things I like better on each...but the 5k ??? with 40k less warranty to boot ??
Old 01-03-2013, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
well I have been looking at new trucks, ford & chevy..what gets me is when I speced out almost idenical trucks, crew cab, Z71vs FX4, nav, leather, heated cooled, max trailer tow, sunroof and 6.2's...hard to handle the ford is 5K more !!!!! you can build them online and see the price....unreal...things I like better on each...but the 5k ??? with 40k less warranty to boot ??
If i was buying the ford I wouldnt buy the 6.2l you get the same capability with the EB and just a little less with the 5.0. Also one note on the Ford FX4 its nothing more than appearnace package there is nothing off road about, the Z71 has a little more in different shocks and such, but really the XLT will save you some coin and but wont have body matched grill and bumpers and not have black rims. The same tires come on the FX4 as the XLT even. Personally if I were to buy a chevy I would wait till this summer or fall whent he 14s come out as the current chevy is way behind in just about every category.