House payment for a Camaro

Old 08-23-2013, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Show me the carfax! Hahaha
Old 08-23-2013, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah I dont know, its got a 20k engine in it if that, and a 20k body. I dont see where paying 100k for a suspension makes it worth it, if thats the case

Last edited by soldier4402; 08-23-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
yeah I dont know, its got a 20k engine it if that, and a 20k body. I dont see where paying 100k for a suspension makes it worth it, if thats the case
And car people say "you paid how much for that boat??? I could buy a house and 2 cars......" or "props cost what?" I hear what your saying about the car, it's just a different market now for classics and exotics. It seems there are affordables and untouchables. its all what you want to spend.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Muscle cars are going to get cheaper and cheaper in the next 10 years.

In the mopar world, prices are half of what they were 6 years ago and the cars are still not selling. You have to give a car away now to sell it.

Go to a car cruise or show and all you will see is 60 to 70 year old dudes. When these guys are gone, the bottom will really drop out. Younger folks don't have the same appreciation for this old iron like older generations did. Part of it is the availability of modern muscle with all the creature comforts and warranties.

If you have old cars today, you better have them for the sheer love of the hobby as any speculators will surely be dissatisfied with what is to come.

The car in question is "sellable" at roughly half to 1/3 of his asking price.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly

In the mopar world, prices are half of what they were 6 years ago and the cars are still not selling. You have to give a car away now to sell it.

Go to a car cruise or show and all you will see is 60 to 70 year old dudes. When these guys are gone, the bottom will really drop out. Younger folks don't have the same appreciation for this old iron like older generations did. Part of it is the availability of modern muscle with all the creature comforts and warranties.

If you have old cars today, you better have them for the sheer love of the hobby as any speculators will surely be dissatisfied with what is to come.

100% right on.........my neighbor at the warehouse is a 70+ yr old guy with a pair of 32/34 Fords. He said the market on those cars went away 15 yrs ago since the guys that cherish them are all too old to enjoy them.

I read an article once that said you will always love the cars you wanted in high school. So for the late baby boomers the 69 Camaro is it.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly

Very good. Yeah and you have factor whats out there today. I have a new camaro which is probably still probably faster has everything at a tenth of the cost. Then again I would still give a nut to have an old muscle car. But you are right very few people seem to care, thats just how things go.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Much rather have this for that kind of money.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hpe1000camaro.html
Old 08-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Registered

yeah I thought about doing the HP600 upgrade and it would have cost 12k plus shipping so figure an SS camaro cost 35ish and say the HP1000 upgrade cost you 40-50 grand your still at half the cost.

Last edited by soldier4402; 08-23-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
And car people say "you paid how much for that boat??? I could buy a house and 2 cars......" or "props cost what?" I hear what your saying about the car, it's just a different market now for classics and exotics. It seems there are affordables and untouchables. its all what you want to spend.
good points. Peformance cost money. But I think if youw were to look at a 150k boat, you can up add up the cost get much closer to the selling price than you can for that camaro.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

That probably isnt a restored car. Its probably a "Year One Camaro" made with new parts from Year One and complete custom interior and suspension.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.