Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
So I took my 2011 3500 in for alignment this morning!! >

So I took my 2011 3500 in for alignment this morning!!

Notices

So I took my 2011 3500 in for alignment this morning!!

Old 01-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Definatley get them to trade you out of it. Only problem is there is a hold on 2014 hd Diesel pickups. Problem in rear end I believe.

If not find a tv repair man. I heard they have an awesome set of tools and it wont hit the car fax
Old 01-03-2014, 07:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Man that sux.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow!! Good luck hopefully they make it right again..
Old 01-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Ouch, that sucks for sure.

My buddy had a longbed GMC dropped off at the dealer and somehow it fell off the lift and bent the frame to like a 45 degree angle.......needless to say he drove out in a new one.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

A local wheel/tire shop dropped my 2500 HD off a lift on a tire install. The manager called to tell me they bent one of my step bars. I get there and both sills are crushed along with the bar. The owner said he would pay for one step bar but the sills had to be prior damage. The truck had never been on a lift up to that point. Only an alignment rack. He refused to make good so I turned it in to my insurance and they successfully subrogated against the shop. However, I never recovered my deductible as the shop never paid the judgement against them.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks!!!! My brother took his company work truck in to have it serviced and they let it fall completely off the rack. I will have to have him send me pics so I can post them.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Years back when I had a real job I used to manage 10 auto service shops as the Operations Manager in Texas and was always having to handle similar situations. Well, at one shop I had a technician, on his day off, show up at the shop drunk with an issue against another technician currently working. After a brief scuffle and being asked to leave the premises by the location manager he proceeded to crash into the shop building and then into a customers completed vehicle parked in the parking lot for delivery. I remember the phone call from the location manager and hoping he was joking after hearing the details but he was not. Now I had the task of calling the customer and explaining the situation and as expected and seemingly common sense the customer requested we pay for the damages and cancel his service bill of $900. Well, unfortunately I was informed and instructed by the VP of the company that the customers vehicle was parked in the parking lot no different than being at Walmart and that the employee that wrecked into the vehicle was off duty and not on the clock so therefore, the damaged to the customers vehicle and the issue of repair was his problem and not the responsibility of my company! Lastly, I had to request payment for services performed by my shop before the vehicle could be towed away for repair at the customers expense! That was my last year with said company and am now self employed.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the input guys, I hadn't thought of this making it to a carfax record but they assured me they aren't claiming it on their insurance. but I am worried about the factory GVW stickers on the old door. It would seem suspicious to me if I were buying this truck used. I take great care of my vehicles and get premium bucks when I sell them, my previous rig was an 04 and the guy who bought wanted to know why I had it painted cuz he didn't believe it was original but after he looked it over he gave me 25k. I would hate to have a problem to arise when I go to sell this one.

Pic is of my old 04
Attached Thumbnails So I took my 2011 3500 in for alignment this morning!!-dually-001.jpg  
Old 01-05-2014, 11:54 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by RAPTOR1
Thanks for all the input guys, I hadn't thought of this making it to a carfax record but they assured me they aren't claiming it on their insurance. but I am worried about the factory GVW stickers on the old door. It would seem suspicious to me if I were buying this truck used. I take great care of my vehicles and get premium bucks when I sell them, my previous rig was an 04 and the guy who bought wanted to know why I had it painted cuz he didn't believe it was original but after he looked it over he gave me 25k. I would hate to have a problem to arise when I go to sell this one.

Pic is of my old 04
From the pic, that is one of the nicest used paint conditions on a black truck; ever--new included.
What is your product of choice?
Old 01-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
From the pic, that is one of the nicest used paint conditions on a black truck; ever--new included.
What is your product of choice?
I've always had black trucks and probably thrown away enough waxes/cleaners/polishes to cover a 747 , I keep going back to plain old Meguiars cleaner wax. Some of you guys might call b.s. but I also work road construction so the boat is much cleaner than the tow vehicle at times.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]515777[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]515778[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails So I took my 2011 3500 in for alignment this morning!!-img00437-20120531-1939.jpg   So I took my 2011 3500 in for alignment this morning!!-015.jpg  

Last edited by RAPTOR1; 01-05-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.