Notices

Tow a 29 outlaw with a Bronco?

Old 10-26-2014, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 597 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Cool truck Dave I have the same Eddie Bauer but a 90 ,
I have an extra top that i am cutting right where the window line is all around and than put a snap on tonneau cover

Never seen one done and see too many running around with the raw edges exposed after the top is off
Old 10-26-2014, 11:30 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Cool truck Dave I have the same Eddie Bauer but a 90 ,
looking for a 96, last year for the Bronco and only year for a roller motor. Guy down the street from me has a mint 79 that has been garaged most of its life and it looks it.

sooo as long as we got all Bronco guys here and it appears we've resolved the OP's original question whats everyones thoughts on either of the new Broncos that surfaced recently? Looks like niether will ever be built as the retro one has just not materialized from Ford since its inception five years ago and the full size one is an internet hoax done with photoshop and has no connection with Ford at all. I do like the retro one as my 77 was by far my favorite but the full size one really wouldnt be that tough to build off a new F150. I've got years of steel coach building experiance from my street rod and restoration days and thats not really a tough project
Attached Thumbnails Tow a 29 outlaw with a Bronco?-2016-ford-bronco-concept-front-1974189208.jpg   Tow a 29 outlaw with a Bronco?-2016-ford-bronco-concept-top-307926343.jpg   Tow a 29 outlaw with a Bronco?-2016-ford-svt-bronco-front-view-772764992.jpg  

08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 10-27-2014, 12:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
looking for a 96, last year for the Bronco and only year for a roller motor. Guy down the street from me has a mint 79 that has been garaged most of its life and it looks it.

sooo as long as we got all Bronco guys here and it appears we've resolved the OP's original question whats everyones thoughts on either of the new Broncos that surfaced recently? Looks like niether will ever be built as the retro one has just not materialized from Ford since its inception five years ago and the full size one is an internet hoax done with photoshop and has no connection with Ford at all. I do like the retro one as my 77 was by far my favorite but the full size one really wouldnt be that tough to build off a new F150. I've got years of steel coach building experiance from my street rod and restoration days and thats not really a tough project
Full Glass body like the one you are showing on a tube frame with fully independent rock crawling suspension. Yea Baby

I want your buddies 79.

My 302 in my 90 is a gutless gas hog . I love the body style but hate wrenching on Fords.Would like to remove the injection and electronic control unit and go to carb so i don't get stranded off road but there seems to be a real problem adapting the kickdown for a AOD

Mines been parked in the garage for a few years ,almost sold it 3 times but than I look at trying to repurchase my 69 440 Roadrunner and 69 Chevelle SS clone and my 69 Z clone and 70 351 fully loaded Cougar I sold as a kid and went NAH

Last edited by tommymonza; 10-27-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:23 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by FBRONCO
Has anyone towed a 29 outlaw with a ford bronco or something similar? 1/2 ton pickup? I have a 96 Ford Bronco with the 351, air bags in the rear and tow package that I have had since brand new - it's my pride and joy. I do not want to part with it. I'm thinking about a 29 outlaw with 2 big blocks and a steel tri-axle trailer with brakes on all axles. I really don't tow far... a couple of miles usually and twice a year I do a 100 mile trip on pretty flat ground to a lake north of my home. I have towed a 25 outlaw and 24 outlaw with no problems. I know this 29 is a bit over the recommended limit, but I'm hoping I could do it if I'm careful.
Even I agree that the bronco is not safe to tow with. IF you do end up using her only go 1 or 2 miles from home and only if the trailer is equipped with EOH brakes and a compatible controller in the truck.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Even I agree that the bronco is not safe to tow with. IF you do end up using her only go 1 or 2 miles from home and only if the trailer is equipped with EOH brakes and a compatible controller in the truck.
And you are sitting on your MEMAWS lap and she is running the gas peddle and brake. But no further than 2 miles and keep it on the sidewalk at all times.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:50 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Full Glass body like the one you are showing on a tube frame with fully independent rock crawling suspension. Yea Baby

I want your buddies 79.

My 302 in my 90 is a gutless gas hog . I love the body style but hate wrenching on Fords.Would like to remove the injection and electronic control unit and go to carb so i don't get stranded off road but there seems to be a real problem adapting the kickdown for a AOD

Mines been parked in the garage for a few years ,almost sold it 3 times but than I look at trying to repurchase my 69 440 Roadrunner and 69 Chevelle SS clone and my 69 Z clone and 70 351 fully loaded Cougar I sold as a kid and went NAH
mine has the 351 and runs like a top with 200K on it. All my Fords have been pretty trouble free with just standard care and maintenance. I'm a fuel injection guy through and through, the biggest prob with Ford systems prior to about 90 is they changed from year to year it seemed like. The FI system in my 86 was a one year only although it did still make it to 240K but by then the body was gone (an I mean gone) still ran like a top though lol. The one thing I can tell you is every part and sensor needs to be in good working order for them to function well, they can be finicky. I wouldnt hesitate to drive my current truck coast to coast.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glassdave

calf ones.. http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/cto/4706074646.html http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...726468033.html http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4728165563.html
Old 10-27-2014, 01:00 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

unmolested 96 Bronco . . . .

that 66 was kinda cool though.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In response to towing with a half ton, I own a 2010 F150 and pull a 2006 32 Sunsation MCOB with absolutely no problems. The boat and trailer weigh around 9k.The trailer does have electric over hydraulic brakes, but I have towed without the system connected and it pulls/tracks just fine. I've done some long hauls and the only drawback I've experienced is when going up and down hilly roads. When driving up an incline, you will be standing on the gas pedal more to maintain your speed. The easiest thing I found would be to accelerate in anticipation of an incline so you don't have to accelerate as hard while on the incline. My truck averaged 10-11mpg on a 370 mile trip while running at 65mph. This has been my experience.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reds9050
In response to towing with a half ton, I own a 2010 F150 and pull a 2006 32 Sunsation MCOB with absolutely no problems. The boat and trailer weigh around 9k.The trailer does have electric over hydraulic brakes, but I have towed without the system connected and it pulls/tracks just fine. I've done some long hauls and the only drawback I've experienced is when going up and down hilly roads. When driving up an incline, you will be standing on the gas pedal more to maintain your speed. The easiest thing I found would be to accelerate in anticipation of an incline so you don't have to accelerate as hard while on the incline. My truck averaged 10-11mpg on a 370 mile trip while running at 65mph. This has been my experience.
Not trying to turn this into a F150 tread....(one comment only) I have the 2010 F-150 5.4 3.73:1 ratio and found 70 -75 is the best for power and gas mileage. Almost never "kicks down". My towing mileage is normally 12-13.

Would love to see any of those Bronco's on the road. I see Ford just put the Eco-boost in the Expedition. A little longer wheel base then the Bronco though has independent rear suspension which will limit towing cap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.