Notices

Torsion Axle Articulation

Old 08-12-2016, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Torsion Axle Articulation

We are replacing the leaf axles with Dexter #11 Torflex axles. I am trying to understand the start angle i need to order. I was looking at an unloaded Myco, & it looked like it had maybe a +10deg angle. Besides maybe fender height issues, is there any advantage/disadvantage to the the different angles; -45, -22.5, -10, 0, +10, +22.5 ?
Old 08-13-2016, 04:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know the exact answer but having owned several tortion axle trailers I would say 22.5 if I had to guess. Are you converting a steel or aluminum trailer?
Old 08-13-2016, 09:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ezrizer
I don't know the exact answer but having owned several tortion axle trailers I would say 22.5 if I had to guess. Are you converting a steel or aluminum trailer?
It is a steel trailer, & for the most part pretty much a complete new build. i wasn't sure if for ride quality, etc if a certain degree was better than another.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:22 PM
Registered

I don't know either I'll do some research and post anything I find relevant. I was thinking how a conversion would work on my Myco. I'd have to build some kind of spacer to make up for the springs or raise the fenders. Post some pics if you go through with it.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BDiggity
We are replacing the leaf axles with Dexter #11 Torflex axles. I am trying to understand the start angle i need to order. I was looking at an unloaded Myco, & it looked like it had maybe a +10deg angle. Besides maybe fender height issues, is there any advantage/disadvantage to the the different angles; -45, -22.5, -10, 0, +10, +22.5 ?
Go to Redneck trailer they have all the angles and dimensions you need to hell you figure it out !!!
Old 08-15-2016, 08:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by weldcrane
Go to Redneck trailer they have all the angles and dimensions you need to hell you figure it out !!!
Yeah they have a great site, that's where i have been gathering all my info. I think i have everything i need to place the order except my hub face measurement. So going to have to figure out way to get this from the current trailer.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ezrizer
I don't know either I'll do some research and post anything I find relevant. I was thinking how a conversion would work on my Myco. I'd have to build some kind of spacer to make up for the springs or raise the fenders. Post some pics if you go through with it.
I spoke with Dexter & the guy told me if i want ride height to remain the same as does now with leaf springs, to go with 22.5 down.

Here is where i will be posting pics of the build
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...e-resto-6.html
Old 08-20-2016, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Yes, 22.5* When I switched to custom 6000# torsion axles, this was the best pricing I found on axles. 2 drop shipped for $120.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-6000LB-D...tSxxMl&vxp=mtr
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/t...ler-axles.html