Notices

canada to ohio

Old 08-22-2016, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default canada to ohio

does anyone know / or have used uship to transport boat across the border.maybe purchasing a boat,and would like to have transportation lined up before deal is closed

thank you
Old 08-22-2016, 02:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Didn't someone just post about bringing a boat in from Canada? The synopsis was it's easy if you bring it across yourself, if not then you will need a broker and a lot of paperwork with power of attorney, etc.. The thread is only a week or 2 old.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:20 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,108 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Didn't someone just post about bringing a boat in from Canada? The synopsis was it's easy if you bring it across yourself, if not then you will need a broker and a lot of paperwork with power of attorney, etc.. The thread is only a week or 2 old.
Yup.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...quite-bit.html
Old 08-23-2016, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
We just hauled a boat from the Canadian border to a guy in South Carolina about two weeks ago. The guy from Canada was going to bring it across the border in New York and meet us because we do not have passports. Border patrol stopped him and wouldn't let him cross over because the buyer in South Carolina had not filled out a Certificate of Origin for a commercial entrant. That form would have allowed him (seller) to cross the border to give us (transporter) the boat. Border patrol had originally told the buyer that he didn't need any paperwork to get it across the border. Apparently, if the buyer had been the one to pick the boat up, no additional paperwork would hAve been needed, but because he wasn't at the border and didn't have the certificate of origin/commercial entrant form, he had two choices...get a broker (it was Saturday and no brokers were open) or make me power of attorney and send the paperwork to the border (which is what he had to do). I hope this helps.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BAsTransport
We just hauled a boat from the Canadian border to a guy in South Carolina about two weeks ago. The guy from Canada was going to bring it across the border in New York and meet us because we do not have passports. Border patrol stopped him and wouldn't let him cross over because the buyer in South Carolina had not filled out a Certificate of Origin for a commercial entrant. That form would have allowed him (seller) to cross the border to give us (transporter) the boat. Border patrol had originally told the buyer that he didn't need any paperwork to get it across the border. Apparently, if the buyer had been the one to pick the boat up, no additional paperwork would hAve been needed, but because he wasn't at the border and didn't have the certificate of origin/commercial entrant form, he had two choices...get a broker (it was Saturday and no brokers were open) or make me power of attorney and send the paperwork to the border (which is what he had to do). I hope this helps.
thank you (unfortunately ,my deal fell thru)