Notices

Boat Trailers

Old 10-20-2016, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Manning uses C channel on their Aluminum trailers and will be ALOT cheaper than Myco. Stainless steel fenders are standard also I believe. If I was building new, there's no doubt that Manning would be my first call
Old 10-21-2016, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a Loadmaster. Been a very good trailer, can't go wrong.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Drock78
Manning uses C channel on their Aluminum trailers and will be ALOT cheaper than Myco. Stainless steel fenders are standard also I believe. If I was building new, there's no doubt that Manning would be my first call
What's the benefit to C-channel? And why is it cheaper, compared to whatever Myco uses ?

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:07 PM
Registered

For my fully loaded 12,500 lb 1994 Cigarette Top Gun with Arneson Drives, I have a 21000 lb, 3 Axle (7000 lb each), Disk Brakes on all 3 axles, LED Lights, 120 PSI Nitrogen filled tires that don't fold over during sharp turns, ladder in front, adjustable hitch, all welded aluminum and Custom/Removable side fender guides for steep/deep boat launches so your boat does not float off when the ramp is too steep. Awesome trailer. I can go anywhere. My truck will break before my trailer. Manning all the way. Myco was too expensive for the same thing.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

No complaints here with Loadmaster (Ohio) besides electric brakes. Some people like them some people don't. I prefer EOH disc. Charles ordered a brand new gooseneck pull this also year. Now sounds like another buddy is going to order a Loadmaster. Best bang for the buck around. Manning also had very competitive prices when calling around on quotes.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loadmaster will do electric over hydraulic discs. Mine's that way.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a twenty year old Myco that tows as well as my fifth wheel camper.... well almost. Just needs electric over hydraulic conversion to be complete. The paint has even held up despite some salt water use. They are pricey brand new but it will be the last one you will buy!
Old 10-25-2016, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 323 Likes on 126 Posts

Value is not only based on cost but quality. There is a HUGE difference on how each of the trailers you have listed pull when loaded. The less quality trailers have issues over time in flex, wiring, brakes etc. The higher the quality the trailer, the better it is built. Period.

That being said... You need to decide what is most important to you, are you hauling the boat on a regular basis or is it a once a year/storage thing? And are you hauling it long distance or short hauls? Are you planning on keeping the boat a while or is it a stepping stone?

I am not being sarcastic at all, when I say there really is a difference and cost is relative when purchasing a trailer. There is a reason Myco's cost so much. But in my opinion if it is a long term purchase or if you plan on hauling the boat a lot, the higher end trailers are truly the best value... The only real way to tell the difference between the trailers is pull them, I have pulled them all... Again... there is a difference and just because a trailer appears to be "the same" I can guarantee you it is NOT when being pulled. The Bunks, axel placement, brake set up and design of the structural beams are what sets them apart. I can not emphasize enough that there is a "value" to what you buy and the better quality really is a better value in the long run.

But, I also shop at Harbor Freight for some tools, So I understand it depends on what you need it for and how long for it to make sense...

Last edited by bajaholic; 10-25-2016 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:48 PM
Registered

I have used 38' fountain stepped bottom aluminum 3 axle disc eoh braking complete redo if interested let me know.....Wheels @ 954-562-6213
Old 10-25-2016, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My steel Myco trailer was a "C" channel.

Ken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.