Notices

GMC/Chevy Magnetic shocks

Old 05-20-2018, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMC/Chevy Magnetic shocks

Did a search, but didn't see anything recently relevant. We just had another kid and im looking to get a SUV (suburban or Yukon 2016/2017) for my wife to haul the kids around and will enable us to haul a 30 foot or less boat.

I've seen some bad stories from average Joe users forums about the subject shocks. Wondering if anyone on OSO has longer term feedback from the durability of the magnetic shock systems that come with the larger SUVs and their applicability for use as a dual purpose rig.

Thanks, Josh
Old 05-31-2018, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them on my 11 avalanche along with autoride(air shocks) love them, 111k no issues, also have them on my 11 escalade, when I bought it a few years ago they shipped it to me, was there when it was delivered, trucker had it cranked down super tight, ended up killing the fronts. dealership asked if I would try the std ones with elec part to fool the computer and I did, rose like crap, ended buying the factory ones and going back to oem. hope this helps
Old 05-31-2018, 06:04 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

I had installed a few sets of those with 'foolers' too ezstriper.....then a little later on I was able to find the ACDelco parts on Amazon for comparable or cheaper. than those , for the next set of customers that needed magnetic replacements.

All vehicles have been 80K or more miles.

As I've promoted here for a few years,,,,,ACDelco 'partnered up' with Amazon, therefore tons of there parts are in stock and ready to ship.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. We ended up going with a fully loaded mini van for now as my wife found it more comfortable and technologically advanced than the GMC Yukon XL Denali. Ill end up likely getting a cheap beater for towing when the time is right.