Notices

GM gashes us again!

Old 02-10-2019, 02:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by sprsptr
It seems that Ford has made a shift in plans! On Tuesday, they announced that they cancelled a 1.6 billion investment in a new plant in Mexico. Ford has instead chosen to invest 700 million to update a Michigan facility. They are augmenting this with 700 new jobs. BRAVO!

Makes me feel better about my F350 purchase.

Originally Posted by Chart
Granted, batteries don't play much role in ships and trains, but electricity does. They just carry around their own electric power generating plant instead of depending upon the electric company. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I suspect a diesel/electric F350 could work very well for all but the heaviest users. Most of us only use a fraction of our engines most of the time, and a smaller diesel engine could charge batteries and power electric motors, and help power the truck. F350s are some of the best platforms to haul around lots of batteries. This might not work well for hot shot haulers and other heavy users, but might work well for us daily drivers of our one tons who sometimes ask them to work like a truck.

Personally I think I would welcome hybrid powerplants in trucks I buy. McLaren, Ferrari and other supercar makers use electric power to supplement power needs across the power band, minimize turbo lag and create on demand maximum torque. Why wouldn't we want our trucks to provide more power at all times?
Old 02-10-2019, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sprsptr
It seems that Ford has made a shift in plans! On Tuesday, they announced that they cancelled a 1.6 billion investment in a new plant in Mexico. Ford has instead chosen to invest 700 million to update a Michigan facility. They are augmenting this with 700 new jobs. BRAVO!
Makes me wonder if they did it because they don’t want the same “attention” GM has been getting lately. Either way, I’m happy they’re investing in domestic production.
As for GM, they can ask for their next bailout in pesos as far as I’m concerned.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up Good Choice

Originally Posted by seafordguy

Makes me feel better about my F350 purchase.

Personally I think I would welcome hybrid powerplants in trucks I buy. McLaren, Ferrari and other supercar makers use electric power to supplement power needs across the power band, minimize turbo lag and create on demand maximum torque. Why wouldn't we want our trucks to provide more power at all times?
Eric, You just want to be sure that the massaging seats are powered up! LOL
Old 02-10-2019, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man I love them messaging seats, they the bomb