Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Trailor with hydraulic surge brakes problem >

Trailor with hydraulic surge brakes problem

Notices

Trailor with hydraulic surge brakes problem

Old 07-10-2020, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Ste...motive&sr=1-16

You may have to do a little digging. I know etrailer.com sells stuff too. The most important part is a brake flaring tool. Because I have a race car, I invested in a high end tool, but you can get a cheapy for a single job or perhaps rent/borrow one from a local auto parts store.
Welp I went ahead and made a order on amazon to replace all that I already replaced. Only thing is I bought the coated steel lines with what appeared to be the brass fittings. I don't see that being a issue so I hope I was correct in doing so. Should have everything at my door step tomorrow. Here's to what should be a fun weekend of replacing everything again.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Where would you even find a 25’ rubber brake line? If this is not a joke you need to replace 90% of that with steel line and then bleed it.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

If you need trailer parts now see Recreational Sales and Service | Boats | Marine Equipment | Repairs | Buying and selling of boats and marine equipment of any shape, size or condition in Mobile, Alabama. No COVID-19 delays. FedEx freight is across the street from them.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Alwhite00
Where would you even find a 25’ rubber brake line? If this is not a joke you need to replace 90% of that with steel line and then bleed it.
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...8TA-BLKIT.html

this is the kit that I just used to replace and redo my brakes
Old 07-10-2020, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts

Stainless line would be great, but there are options. I know AdvanceAuto Parts sells coated lines and fittings. They even "rent" the flaring tool needed. Harbor freight has vacuum bleeder which runs from air compressor. It's cheap but works.
The following users liked this post:
Tomygunz7 (07-10-2020)
Old 07-10-2020, 11:30 AM
Registered

Amazon Amazon

this is now the newest order i bought to re redo all my brake lines
Old 07-10-2020, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I would wrap that steel line in a wire protector before sending it through your frame rail. That brake line bouncing in the frame tends to wear holes in the lines. Also, heritage trailers uses about a 1' piece of rubber brake line to go from the fitting on the frame to the axles. They also give the end of the steel line close to the caliper one or two coils so that it looks like a coil spring and allows enough flexibility.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alwhite00
lol not a joke... beats me. I bought it off some guy that hacked everything. Swore He knew it all lol
Old 08-09-2020, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Interesting comments.

I just replaced all of my nylon braided and top coated lines on the trailer with rubber. The coating was probably there for UV and water intrusion protection; however, after 11 years was flaking off. I noticed I can collapse the OE lines with my fingers. I used Kodiak rubber replacements which I cannot collapse. Six kodiak calipers bleed without issue using the emergency brake lever with great success. Full hydraulic and kodiak master.

What is Myco, Broward trailer and the other quality manufacturers using for brake line on hydraulic setups?