Notices

No More Goodyear Marathons 😡

Old 08-29-2020, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Awash
If I was under the gun I would be in your shoes also, find the best I could at whatever price they had that was reasonable. Maxxis tires are not super popular here in MO. only 3 tir shops that carry them and my local guy that I get a lot of my 4 wheel drive stuff from his distributor could only provide the 14" C rated 205/75r since I didn't need them right meow, I used an online place called simpletire and shipped to my home, then take them in and get them mounted locally. yep a PITA but I wanted that size in the D rating. Just as an FYI simpletire carries a ton of different brands and shipping was 3 days....free!
I've never heard of simpletire but I have used tirerack.com.
Old 08-29-2020, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

been in this game a long time,from my experience they all have their flaws ,cheap and expensive ,Me myself, I rather put on inexpensive tires and replace them every couple of years versus spending a lot of money on expensive tires and trying to get as much life out of them as possible,
The following users liked this post:
thirdchildhood (08-31-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 04:00 AM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 183 Posts

Just ordered a set of Maxxis tires to replace my 15 year old Marathoons with any problems in that 15 years.You would think with 15 years with no problems you would go back to same tire but Fu@k Goodyear.
The following 3 users liked this post by Craney:
boatnt (08-31-2020), Sydwayz (08-31-2020), thirdchildhood (08-31-2020)
Old 10-02-2020, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

16" Tires are all crap! The only long term safe trailer tire is a 17.5" 120 PSI, little flex. Ive had these on all my dump and tilt trailers including the gooseneck for my 400ss. zero failures in 5 years. You have to change rims. 8 hole bolt pattern is available. Alloy or steel. Its not cheap to swap. But what is it worth to be on the side of the freeway in the rain changing a tire that just wiped out your fender or cleaned the paint off your boat?