Notices

Realisticly

Old 03-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=RaggedEdge;2491596]
Originally Posted by Velocity Vector

Now you're on the right track!!! Pier 57, yes or no???
yep 57, I called and they said they would give me the reflectors off the MTI trailer for my boat.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 03-19-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ziemer
What happened to the original 30 mold? Is it still around, or did it get lost with the whole Regal fiasco? Just seems silly to build a 30' foot boat in a mold that's 10' longer.

I got screwed out of 10' Those bas66ards
Old 03-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Ok 57 is coming around, just like I thought they would. I got the reflectors and the spare tire on the MTI trailer on trade for mine. I'm going to make the sweat it out a little bit longer.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
How much faster would the boat be with an extra 100HP per side? +10 to +15mph is a good jump to me.
Raylar 525 kits for the 496s with the existing Bravo drives would be a nice upgrade with out breaking the bank.
I may have to lean toward your thinking pat.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:15 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Just seems silly to build a 30' foot boat in a mold that's 10' longer.

I got screwed out of 10' Those bas66ards

May seem silly, but it sure is waaaaaay cheaper than making a real mold.

Your buddy S.S. only screwed you out of the part of the boat the thing was actually designed to run on. The 32 feet you got was never ment to contact the water at speed, wonder why it acts the way it does. But they do throw in that "Excitement comes standard" for free to make up for it.

You keep working those Pier 57 guys, any Velocity is worth the reflectors, spare tire, and the license plate bracket on an MTI trailer. Times are tough right now, you might even pick up half the lug nuts if you really beat them up.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 03-20-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:47 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
May seem silly, but it sure is waaaaaay cheaper than making a real mold.

Your buddy S.S. only screwed you out of the part of the boat the thing was actually designed to run on. The 32 feet you got was never ment to contact the water at speed, wonder why it acts the way it does. But they do throw in that "Excitement comes standard" for free to make up for it.

You keep working those Pier 57 guys, any Velocity is worth the reflectors, spare tire, and the license plate bracket on an MTI trailer. Times are tough right now, you might even pick up half the lug nuts if you really beat them up.
Ragged look at these and tell me what you think. I can sell my 496's 8k to10k for both and come out pretty good I think? He wants 24.5 If I did it this way would be about the same as raylar kit + have the good pistons, crank, headers and -0- hrs & 550hp. The 496 ho advertised 425 hp actually dyno 387 hp. So I would gain 163 HP per side. 1100 hp vs 774 hp should help the "Excitement comes standard" feature and still use the bravo ones. If I did this I would still be way below low retail NADA guidline on my boat.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCU...spagenameZWDVW

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 03-20-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Ragged look at these and tell me what you think. I can sell my 496's 8k to10k for both and come out pretty good I think? He wants 24.5 If I did it this way would be about the same as raylar kit + have the good pistons, crank, headers and -0- hrs & 550hp. The 496 ho advertised 425 hp actually dyno 387 hp. So I would gain 163 HP per side. 1100 hp vs 774 hp should help the "Excitement comes standard" feature and still use the bravo ones. If I did this I would still be way below low retail NADA guidline on my boat.

Which Bravos do you have, standard, X's, XZ's or the XR's?
Old 03-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Velocity Vectory - you are now moving to the dark side! away from your initial goals of non-blower, EFI and reliability. I submit that you'll definitely get upside down on the boat buying "no name" blower motors when it came time to sell (if not before). Raylar has some recognition but your still better off with HP 525EFI's if available.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Revelocity
Velocity Vectory - you are now moving to the dark side! away from your initial goals of non-blower, EFI and reliability. I submit that you'll definitely get upside down on the boat buying "no name" blower motors when it came time to sell (if not before). Raylar has some recognition but your still better off with HP 525EFI's if available.
Rev, It say's these motors are Rebuilt "Mercury" 575SCI / 550 hp am I reading it wrong but they aren't blue?

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o22049-en.html
Old 03-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Which Bravos do you have, standard, X's, XZ's or the XR's?
I'm blessed with standard one's. I have run 700hp thru B1 before and the didn't break but I took it easy out of the hole.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.