Advice on Velocity 220 >

Advice on Velocity 220

Notices

Advice on Velocity 220

Old 09-02-2009, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on Velocity 220

I have a Boston Whaler at the moment but am looking to get a Velocity 220 with the outboard. I will be boating on mostly Kentucky/Tennessee lakes (smooth) and Lake Erie (usually pretty rough). I also boat on a small lake here in Ohio that averages 6' deep but gets real rough. Would the Velocity 220 be a good option for those conditions? Also, we do a little skiing/tubing. Thanks for the input.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 220 is a very good boat and has a lot of running surface. They will handle moderate rough water. It will take some time to find out how to run it to smooth up the ride. I have been at high speeds in a 22 V with an outboard and in my I/O in rougher water. Sometimes you are ok and others it will beat you up!! The key thing is to remember it is still just a 22 foot boat!! All in all, I would highly recommend it!!! They are a very fun boat to have!!!!