looks great so us some pics when you get it in
Old 03-31-2010, 02:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, got the sub in. I ended up turning the box around so the sub is facing the front of the boat. The L7 moves so much air it was necessary to cut a vent in the plywood bed base and scre the bed base down with 1 screw every 4-5 inches to keep it from flexing and ratteling.

As far as pic, nothing really to look at since the speaker is facing forward. It would just be a picture of the back of the box....
Old 04-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
Well, got the sub in. I ended up turning the box around so the sub is facing the front of the boat. The L7 moves so much air it was necessary to cut a vent in the plywood bed base and scre the bed base down with 1 screw every 4-5 inches to keep it from flexing and ratteling.

As far as pic, nothing really to look at since the speaker is facing forward. It would just be a picture of the back of the box....
How bad does it rattle the porti-poddy? Or anything else around there? I was thinking of dropping a sub in the same area, but I figured it would rattle the porti to pieces (although I don't use the porti).
Old 04-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cfo20
How bad does it rattle the porti-poddy? Or anything else around there? I was thinking of dropping a sub in the same area, but I figured it would rattle the porti to pieces (although I don't use the porti).
With the sub facing forward it doesn't bother the porta-potty at all. But the plywood floor for the bed will need to be screwed down about ever 3 inches. I also vented it by cutting a 6 x 12 hole in the plywood floor up at the front of the bed. without the vent the air pressure was causing the floor to flex and rattle. It's only 1/4" - 3/8" plywood so it doesn't take much to flex it.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
With the sub facing forward it doesn't bother the porta-potty at all. But the plywood floor for the bed will need to be screwed down about ever 3 inches. I also vented it by cutting a 6 x 12 hole in the plywood floor up at the front of the bed. without the vent the air pressure was causing the floor to flex and rattle. It's only 1/4" - 3/8" plywood so it doesn't take much to flex it.
Thanks for the update. I have a polk audio 12" on the way that I will be placing in a qlogic box, thinking about putting it behind the porta potty there like you did, but thought it would rattle. By the way, your pics show that you do awesome work, great job on the amp rack and the box!