Like Tree162Likes

41 Upgrades

Old 12-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Platinum Member

Default 41 Upgrades

Making some upgrades to the 41 over the winter. Motors were 600" N/A SVO FORDS made 840 hp and 825 torque. #3SSM drives. Boat has all the amneties and ran 93-95 on gps. Boat needed more prop so i think it would have been faster. Didn't spend the money on props because I knew i was going to make these changes. We are Building 600"SVO FORDS PSI supercharged motors. Adding #5 SSM drives. Pictures will be added with progress. Bob
Attached Thumbnails 41 Upgrades-bob-powell.jpg   41 Upgrades-bobs-41-eng..jpg   41 Upgrades-dsc01051.jpg  

41 Upgrades-dsc01054.jpg   41 Upgrades-dsc01082.jpg  
Old 12-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered

Another over powered Powell project . A liitle back ground on the man and his machines . When I first meet Bob , he had just upgraded from a 22' Velocity with a 400hp outboard to a 26' Velocity with twin 400hp out boards . After time goes on , Bob upgrades again , no suprise a Velocity . This time a 41' Velocity with twin 800hp Fords of course . If you follow the pattern through his boating past , you got to wonder is there some way to double the power again ? Is there any way to get twin 1600hp ? I asked the engine builder this same question . Don't think they can quite make it , you can bet they are gonna try !!!
Old 12-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by notda1 View Post
Another over powered Powell project . A liitle back ground on the man and his machines . When I first meet Bob , he had just upgraded from a 22' Velocity with a 400hp outboard to a 26' Velocity with twin 400hp out boards . After time goes on , Bob upgrades again , no suprise a Velocity . This time a 41' Velocity with twin 800hp Fords of course . If you follow the pattern through his boating past , you got to wonder is there some way to double the power again ? Is there any way to get twin 1600hp ? I asked the engine builder this same question . Don't think they can quite make it , you can bet they are gonna try !!!
Thanks Ray. You know we are going to try like h*ll. Bob
Old 12-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Platinum Member

Ray you forget to mention ,before the 22' VELOCITY, I had a couple ALLISONS with 200 hp MERCs on the back, so it's par for the course to double the power as I move up. Bob
Old 12-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Registered

I like the power doubling plan--you can never have too much horsepower!

And what a nice boating platform to put the power in
Old 12-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Registered

That is some funny Chit there Ray and if you know Bob it is very true,Except it started with an Allison with a Twister on it I do believe on the Bohemia river.Remember those days Bob.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Registered

Nice Bob!!
Attached Thumbnails 41 Upgrades-bob.jpg  
Old 12-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Registered

I knew he had owned Allisons first , I should have guessed they were 200hp . I know that one was a 17' the other an 18' , and they were very light and fast . Bob told me stories how he and a friend would race them up and down the river every chance he got .
Old 12-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1 View Post
That is some funny Chit there Ray and if you know Bob it is very true,Except it started with an Allison with a Twister on it I do believe on the Bohemia river.Remember those days Bob.
Those were the days, 1975 brand new 16" ALLISON with a new MERC TWISTER 2 X ran 94 MPh. All for under $5,000.00. Boating sure seemed cheap back then. How you doing Bill?
Old 12-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by VelocityRick View Post
Nice Bob!!
Thanks Rick. Nice picture. How are ya. Bob

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser