Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Hello looking at buying a velocity 280 >

Hello looking at buying a velocity 280

Notices

Hello looking at buying a velocity 280

Old 03-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 97 that I would let go for around 33k. Full hydro steering k-planes etc. 500 hp with a blower. Whole top half of motor redone in late 09-10.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd let mine go for a lot less than that. Had it for sale for 28K last year.
1999 with 415HP/502 rebuilt 300 hours ago, 2004 drive,K-planes, dual piston stearing, all the goodies.
280s with 415HP run 70mph on their best day.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Registered

I wish i had the cash to buy one guys. The reason i was looking at this one is because he is a local guy and also we were doing a trade deal. My corvette and snowmobile for the boat that is the reason i was wondering the value of the boat to see if it was a decent deal for me. I have a friends father that is going to go with me to check the boat out and see exactly what condition it is in. My friends father knows a lot about the velocity 280 since he bought his 97 about 10 years ago and has been big into them so he can tell me if it is a decent deal or not. I will have around 33-35 into the boat with what my stuff is worth that i am trading so that is why i was wondering what people thought was a decent price on the boat. If i had the cash or avaliable funds i would of just looked on here for a boat and really searched around its just that we were working out the trade deal so thats the only reason i can actually look into getting one of these boats. I knew the boat wasnt worth the 45g he was asking for it but just wanted to get a number that people felt it would be worth so if i decided to put it up for sale after i traded i would know if i was gonna get my money out of it.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:00 AM
Registered

What makes everyone say that they dont think it is in good shape just want to know what is making everyone say that? Is it the condition of the seats? or is it in the cuddy? Just wondering so i know what im looking for when i look at the boat i know he said the thing is "mint" haha kinda like it hitting 78 mph haha. I wasnt really worried about how fast it is as much as if it is a decent boat. Sorry for bugging everyone on here with kinda dumb questions but like i said new to this so i am really cautious about stuff when i dont know about it. I feel good about having my friends dad going to look at it in person since i can get his opion on the boat. Also one thing i like about it is that the motor has been all redone and the drive has been replaced so it seems that everything that usually will need to be replaced around the 300 hour mark is?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Registered

i know where a 95 is with a blown motor and the guy told me yesterday 15k would take it , i know th boat has a new transom and new paint job on the out side let me know if you want to talk to him.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kawiboyz28
I wish i had the cash to buy one guys. The reason i was looking at this one is because he is a local guy and also we were doing a trade deal. My corvette and snowmobile for the boat that is the reason i was wondering the value of the boat to see if it was a decent deal for me. I have a friends father that is going to go with me to check the boat out and see exactly what condition it is in. My friends father knows a lot about the velocity 280 since he bought his 97 about 10 years ago and has been big into them so he can tell me if it is a decent deal or not. I will have around 33-35 into the boat with what my stuff is worth that i am trading so that is why i was wondering what people thought was a decent price on the boat. If i had the cash or avaliable funds i would of just looked on here for a boat and really searched around its just that we were working out the trade deal so thats the only reason i can actually look into getting one of these boats. I knew the boat wasnt worth the 45g he was asking for it but just wanted to get a number that people felt it would be worth so if i decided to put it up for sale after i traded i would know if i was gonna get my money out of it.
What year vette?
Old 03-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Registered

It is a 98 but has a fully built LME 408 stroker motor with a d1sc supercharger and is running around 700-750rwhp. The motor only has like 1500 miles on it with a brand new twin disc clutch and some other new parts that were just put in.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Registered

I have a 1994 28 for 24k. 502 efi punched out to a 509 stainles marine exhaust small cam. runs in the 70s