Hello looking at buying a velocity 280 >

Hello looking at buying a velocity 280

Notices

Hello looking at buying a velocity 280

Old 03-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello looking at buying a velocity 280

Like the title says i am looking at buying a 2000 velocity 280 it has the 502 with 415hp fuel injection. Completely rebuilt outdrive new 4 blade prop with 304hrs. I was wondering what the value of this boat would be? I am new to these boats and i am curently looking at purchasing this from a local guy i just would like others input on what the boat would be worth. Any input will be appreciated.

Last edited by kawiboyz28; 03-02-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Registered

http://potsdam.craigslist.org/boa/2187588185.html

that is the listing.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Seems on the high $ side to me. Check these (OSO) classifieds and boat traders.

Why was the drive rebuilt?

It will not run in the mid to high 70s. If the motor is strong it will run high 60s low 70s on GPS.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Padraig
Seems on the high $ side to me. Check these (OSO) classifieds and boat traders.

Why was the drive rebuilt?

It will not run in the mid to high 70s. If the motor is strong it will run high 60s low 70s on GPS.

I am not sure on why it was rebuilt i will have to ask. He said everything was new except the block that they did a complete rebuild. Like i said i dont know a ton about these boats if it was a sports car or a bike i wouldnt have a problem knowing what to look for or what its worth. That is why i figured i would ask on here with people that deal with these boats all the time. I wouldnt be paying the 45g i am actually looking at trading a couple things so i was wondering what the value of the boat would be around about number because if i do the trade i probably would be looking to sell the boat this summer since i never keep my stuff very long.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Registered

here is the listing on the same boat with more pictures.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2000.../United-States

any input on what this is worth will really help feel free to let me know what you think of it or what to look for.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Seems high to me too. No tabs or hydraulic steering. Doesn't look like it has been taken care of very well . Like Padraig said look at Boat Trader and here in the classifieds . And it won't run the speed he's claiming.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Registered

He told me the motor was rebuilt because a head went bad or something. I guess everything was redone and he said everything except they re used the block but the new motor and everything just have break in hours on them. I will be using it in the st lawrence river wiill i need the tabs and hydraulic steering? Like i said im new here not questioning anyone. Do you guys think this boat is worth around 35-38 with everything being rebuilt? I am looking at trading my car and a sled so that is why i have been concentrating on this boat. Do you guys think i am just wasting my time? I will be looking at it in person to see the condition since i know pictures are hard to tell sometime.

Last edited by kawiboyz28; 03-02-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kawiboyz28
He told me the motor was rebuilt because a head went bad or something. I guess everything was redone and he said everything except they re used the block but the new motor and everything just have break in hours on them. I will be using it in the st lawrence river wiill i need the tabs and hydraulic steering? Like i said im new here not questioning anyone. Do you guys think this boat is worth around 35-38 with everything being rebuilt? I am looking at trading my car and a sled so that is why i have been concentrating on this boat. Do you guys think i am just wasting my time? I will be looking at it in person to see the condition since i know pictures are hard to tell sometime.
Would need about 600hp to push upper 70's

Tabs are nice, but you can get by with out them. The windscreen, and cabin hatch are about the only realy options it has.

It doesn't appear to be in really good shape, and I am assuming no cockpit carpet, since it wasn't in the pics.

35 is a little high IMHO. I would offer 30k. It might seem like a low ball, but that boat is worth no where near 45k.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Registered

pics are 4 years old
Old 03-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikes280
pics are 4 years old
It says in the description that the camera date is stuck on 07 but they were takin in 2010 before putting away for winter i guess. I thought the same thing when i first looked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.