Velocity trailer set-up >

Velocity trailer set-up

Notices

Velocity trailer set-up

Old 03-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Velocity trailer set-up

I know this could/should go in the trailer section but it is very boat specific so I posted it here. Mods please move it if needed.

I have an Eagle trailer w/bunks set up for a standard V bottom. Has been under the boat for 5+ years and have no problems.

Obviously it doesn't sit right on the pad bottom and while I have the boat off of it I want to re-do the bunks to fit better. It rides on the edges in places and is cutting into my carpet/wood. I'm sure this is not good for the hull either.

Could you guys post some pics of your trailer bunks for a 30/320 hull? Any tips for me would be greatly apprecieated as well.

Thanks!
Mark
Old 03-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the Myco I re-did to fit the 320.
Attached Thumbnails Velocity trailer set-up-boat2436.jpg   Velocity trailer set-up-dsc_0009.jpg   Velocity trailer set-up-dscf6085.jpg  

Velocity trailer set-up-img02399.jpg   Velocity trailer set-up-img02405.jpg  
Old 03-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

The key to a perfect fit was the over-head crain
Attached Thumbnails Velocity trailer set-up-dsc_0001-1.jpg   Velocity trailer set-up-dsc_0002.jpg   Velocity trailer set-up-dsc_0004.jpg  

Old 03-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

That is a huge help VV! I see what I need to change. I don't have the crane but I have a bottle jack, lots of cribbing, a welder and even more patience.
Thanks again as you also helped with my other question
Like to buy you a couple drinks one day!
Mark
Old 03-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I once bought an adjustable trailer from a boat yard to be used with my other boat, a Formula. To get everything to fit perfectly I floated the boat on the ill fit trailer. Went to the shop(slowly). Got 20' of 3" and 2 3/4 OD square pipe. Welded the 3'', approx 5" long sections to the trailer at the side rails at angles that followed the hull. Used the 2 3/4 to fit inside the 3" and then used a car jack to push the 2 3/4 sections that have bunks attached though the 3" and take the weight off the original bunks then welded in place and trimmed off any extra length hanging out of the bottom. I did this twice on each side and once at the bow, worked great. If you can understand this without any pix you already have it figgured out and I have just waisted 1/2 hr thinking and typing trying to make sence. Just uzed last brayn sells, must beer get r di zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 03-24-2011, 01:40 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Underdog88
That is a huge help VV! I see what I need to change. I don't have the crane but I have a bottle jack, lots of cribbing, a welder and even more patience.
Thanks again as you also helped with my other question
Like to buy you a couple drinks one day!
Mark
Anytime Mark, don't mash any fingers Keep us posted on the project