Notices

30' Velocity Testing...

Old 08-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Update...

Turned them in and gained 2 mph.

Motors are turning right around 5k, one slightly under and one slightly over. Had similar conditions, 1' to 2' chop, and 2 aboard, with a little more fuel.

Come on fall weather... I think some cooler temps and it'll push 80.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Kings11
Stupid question on this.

How are the 26 pitch hydros as fast or faster as a 2 pitch larger size bravo at the same RPM?
Not a stupid question at all. Bravo pitch is overstated generally by 2". As I recall the explanation, Merc Bravo rates the MAXIMUM pitch (as it varies within the blade) compared to Hydro and most ever other prop is rated at the AVERAGE pitch.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ziemer
Here's my sh!t getter...

It'll run over 100 and get there in an instant.

Sweet
Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
How is that mph possible? I know v hulls are fast buuut.

John jr
Steve Stepp & Velocity Pad This was in a 320 Velocity. The boat had more but I didn't.
Attached Thumbnails 30' Velocity Testing...-95%2520mph%2520%2528large%2529.jpg  
Old 08-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Labbing the 30's would be quicker then 28's and probably just as much as purchasing a pair would it not?

I sent BBlades a message and am waiting to hear. I don't want to weaken the props too much, if that's even possible, but I'd like to spin them like the 28's and drop my slip into the 5-8% range from the 11% it's currently at.

I used to drive at 3% slip with these drives and engines in an old chris craft and mirage plus'.

I can only wait and see what he says, maybe my goals are just unrealistic.

Last edited by Kings11; 08-27-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ziemer
Update...

Turned them in and gained 2 mph.

Motors are turning right around 5k, one slightly under and one slightly over. Had similar conditions, 1' to 2' chop, and 2 aboard, with a little more fuel.

Come on fall weather... I think some cooler temps and it'll push 80.
Any dancing or chine walkin? Mine was a different boat spinning in w/shortys. And just dump your passengers out at the sandbar and run 80
Old 09-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Underdog88
Any dancing or chine walkin? Mine was a different boat spinning in w/shortys. And just dump your passengers out at the sandbar and run 80
Boat handled great! From the old 26's to brand new 28's from Todd was a night and day. I think the full 15-1/2" diameter made all the difference.

I still have one motor tgat is lagging behind 200-300 rpm's so I think once I get that figured out it will definitely break 80.

Stay tuned.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Couple things... Are your engines getting enough air? That engine cover looks pretty well sealed up. Most of the real fast ones have scoops / big air.

Also, can you give some specs on the small blocks? I'm planning a pair in the spring. Dart blocks, dart alum heads, air gaps, 10.5:1....

What exhaust do you have? Carbs? Especially cam. If this is too off topic, you can reply to my 30' redo thread.

Hoping the elusive 80 make is yours!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:20 AM
bwd
Registered

Originally Posted by ttrm007
Couple things... Are your engines getting enough air? That engine cover looks pretty well sealed up. Most of the real fast ones have scoops / big air.

Also, can you give some specs on the small blocks? I'm planning a pair in the spring. Dart blocks, dart alum heads, air gaps, 10.5:1....

What exhaust do you have? Carbs? Especially cam. If this is too off topic, you can reply to my 30' redo thread.

Air intake was overlooked on my old 30. I got more air into it and got 600-800 rpm. The vents on the side were just not enough. Stick a 2x4 in the hatch, tie it down and go for a rip. Love those 30's!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ttrm007

Mine is stock big blocks. Just a pair of plain ol' 502 MPI's. Stock exhaust too. Kings has the small blocks. I agree with the lack of air though. I had mine vapor lock this weekend at our lunch stop, and my 502's have the later style cool fuel too.

Been watching your posts/pics. This hull is a great design and a blast to drive. Good luck with your project!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.