Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Pad bottom boats? >

Pad bottom boats?

Notices

Pad bottom boats?

Old 07-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have logged about 25 hrs on my Velocity. 290sc with the 496ho. Im still learning but getting it down well enough that my wife is no longer white knuckled. I can say that the ozark snot beats the boat and passengers to death unless your WFO. Thats when its dancing. I have not seen topend yet due to prop, at first, and then low fuel pressure(filters). It is now getting above 4600rpm (90% power) and scoots along quite well. Im going to the lake for vaca so should have it dialed in. Hope to see 70mph but probably not with the current prop.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I raced two different models years ago , loved the way they cornered and handled the slop

Last edited by notda1; 07-24-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My VR 1 handles the gulf nicely when she gets nasty, and is a very dry riding boat.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkie124
I have logged about 25 hrs on my Velocity. 290sc with the 496ho. Im still learning but getting it down well enough that my wife is no longer white knuckled. I can say that the ozark snot beats the boat and passengers to death unless your WFO. Thats when its dancing. I have not seen topend yet due to prop, at first, and then low fuel pressure(filters). It is now getting above 4600rpm (90% power) and scoots along quite well. Im going to the lake for vaca so should have it dialed in. Hope to see 70mph but probably not with the current prop.
Yep, youre passengers look at you funny when you tell them "we have to go faster to make the ride smoother" and that is when it becomes the drivers boat that we all talk about.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by RAPTOR1
Yep, youre passengers look at you funny when you tell them "we have to go faster to make the ride smoother" and that is when it becomes the drivers boat that we all talk about.
When I first got my 280 I was taking it easy so I didn't freak out my wife. I have learned since, that's the worst thing you can do. It loves 55 in the rough stuff. You have to get up on the pad. For me 55 - 60 is optimum smooth running and best mileage. I'm getting about 3mpg with a top speed near 90. Hope to improve both this weekend with some prop testing.