Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
VR1 project >

VR1 project

Notices

VR1 project

Old 02-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

When I looked into the unfinished cabin after I bought the boat, I had no idea what kind of work had to be done just to have a basic cabin. Now I know.

Seat bases came in. I'll post pics soon.
Attached Thumbnails VR1 project-photo-33-.jpg   VR1 project-photo-32-.jpg  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The project is coming together very well. Are they installing a porta potty and sink with storage cabinets?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by modvp
The project is coming together very well. Are they installing a porta potty and sink with storage cabinets?
Yes, the porta potty goes into that newly created space up front. I'm not going to use a sink in the cabin but instead install a transom shower which is very helpful with the salt water we have. I would love to have a 290 with the bigger cabin but not for now.

I'm from MD and threaten my family to take the boat back up there this summer. How is the boating and where do you boat? Most of my original family is up there still.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fools gold
Yes, the porta potty goes into that newly created space up front. I'm not going to use a sink in the cabin but instead install a transom shower which is very helpful with the salt water we have. I would love to have a 290 with the bigger cabin but not for now.

I'm from MD and threaten my family to take the boat back up there this summer. How is the boating and where do you boat? Most of my original family is up there still.
I think the boating on the Chesapeake is great. I boat around the Annapolis area, preferably around Dobbins Island (on the Magothy). The kids like it there since it has a beach.

Last summer we took a 160-170 mile (return) trip to Solomons Island and spent the weekend there. It was 8 of us (including 4 kids) on the 290; I did the trip along with a very good friend of mine. His boat is a lot bigger and he cruises at ~60 in almost any condition. Conditions on that weekend was very good and I was cruising at 45-50; however, my buddy had to reduce speed a number times to allow me to catch up.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fools gold
Do it!

We went last summer and had a blast! Both my wife and I grew up on the northern Chesapeake, and we miss the boating up there every summer. Of course boating in January down here ain't so bad either...

Here's some pics...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...eake-trip.html
Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Summer boating is great around here. You can do Baltimore, DC, Annapolis, Alexandria, lots of smaller towns, or just anchor out in a nice cove. The 290 does well until the bay gets waves over 5 ft or so. But there are plenty of rivers to duck into then.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Registered

More work on the cabin
Attached Thumbnails VR1 project-photo-36-.jpg   VR1 project-photo-37-.jpg  
Old 02-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Registered

Seat bases are in.
Attached Thumbnails VR1 project-photo-34-.jpg   VR1 project-photo-35-.jpg  
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Registered

Seat bases look the same as RAPTOR1's...very nice.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Registered

Default update

Have not posted updated pics in awhile.
Deck was freshened up.
Cabin is basically done. Cushions are made but not in when I took these pics.
The rest will prob move quickly.
Attached Thumbnails VR1 project-photo.jpg   VR1 project-photo-40-.jpg   VR1 project-photo-42-.jpg  

VR1 project-photo-43-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.