New to me Velocity 280 >

New to me Velocity 280

Notices

New to me Velocity 280

Old 10-10-2021, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity_Pwr
These boats are great!! I get complements all the time.
single 502 Mag Gen6, lighting headers with a Whipple Super Charger running a Bravo I 26 pitch prop.. 80mph all day... only running 4/5 lbs of boost.

i am in Michigan, I need the following done if any suggestions...
- upholstery redone, engine hatch and bolster chairs.
- New hatches on the bow,
- manual latching mechanism for the bolster seats ( bottom drops down and locks the bottom in so you can stand), can not find replacement any where, even sent email to velocity with pictures...

Thanks!!!
Call Kenny at Lets Talk Boats. Kenny was previously a GM at Velocity. He is in Florida and can answer questions on parts and could also do all the work you mention if you want to haul it to Florida.

Padraig

PS Congrats on joining the Velocity family
Old 10-11-2021, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

This is the guy that did my boat, they are located in Southeast Michigan. They are very good and reasonable.

The following users liked this post:
RBeyer (02-21-2022)
Old 12-19-2021, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by r015
Max Marine Works gears and internals, they have worked great ! Out of Arizona,they build poker run and race boat drives.

92-93mph on (2) GPS with 4 people and full load, last owner said it hit 95mph a few times, using bone stock Bravo 30P (very thick but hasn't cracked -knock on wood), want to put 32P labbed on it next spring. Solid 95 with load would seem to be possible. BBlades is thinking it should hit 5200rpm with labbed 32P

Thanks for looking at my new ride, I like to look at others ,so thought I'd post it.
I had a 1998 260 S/C which became the 280 midyear. I paid a lot of tuition on that boat. My first big build and learned the weak link story one piece at a time. Ultimately my final project was amazing. 720 HP 727 TQ and 685 TQ at 2800 rpm. After many a Bravo explosion I went B-Max 1:30 Spun a 30 Bravo stock at 5400 ran 94,8 no matter the fuel amount or outside temp. Was a ProCharged and Injected 468 with Edelbrock Aluminum Heads. I ran it over 400 hours and 6 years, last I heard some guy in Iowa was still running the same build. Loved the boat. I wish you luck and years of enjoyment.