Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Just bought a Vr1 any advice? >

Just bought a Vr1 any advice?

Notices

Just bought a Vr1 any advice?

Old 07-18-2018, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It did! He ordered it with his own drawings for the graphics which came with the boat. Got every piece of paper receipt manuals and the velocity bag. I知 more of a stock Outerlimits graphics fan but it grew on me. I was actually waiting on a callback or email from Outerlimits on a possible sv29 build when this came up. Saved me just a little bit lol
Old 07-18-2018, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow... love the looks of that and congrats! Like others have said, get some seat time then decide on the upgrade. I'd love to get my 290 into the 90's like my previous boat but conditions down here in Tampa wouldn't allow that very often. You'll figure out what's needed and adjust accordingly... enjoy!!!
Old 07-18-2018, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 118 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4builder
Have an issue with the gps speedo not working I believe I can just get a new antenna from what the owner was saying.
Livorsi or Gaffrig? My 06 Livorsi speedo was the same. I did away with the gps antenna/battery. I wired the speedo off the NEMA output of my Garmin chartplotter. Works great!
Old 07-18-2018, 06:30 PM
Registered

Livorsi and I would have never thought of that thanks man much appreciated
Old 07-19-2018, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

I plan on running in the Delaware and my parents are at great oak in Maryland so the Chesapeake as well. Most of my friends have more family oriented boats running slower then mine.
Very nice looking boat. I launch my 280 at the Neshaminy State Marina on the PA side which is just south of Bristol. Very nice, 4 wide launch ramp there that's well protected from river wakes. Take your time getting comfortable with how the boat handles the conditions, trimming and tabbing as needed to keep things smooth. Some years back I had the distinct pleasure of Steve Stepp throttling my 390 at Velocity Fest on a bumpy Chesapeake Bay and smoother is generally faster! So throttle up incrementally based on how the boat feels to you. Check out NJPPC.COM as there are a few fun runs that may interest you scheduled near the Mullica.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 405 Likes on 241 Posts

Beautiful boat!!!
Being a 280 owner for the last 6 years I would recommend you keep it stock and enjoy the many hours of no headaches. Also don't waste your money on labbed props. It's not worth the expense as most don't work well.

Good Luck!!!
Old 07-19-2018, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 315 Likes on 172 Posts

4 x 4, as you said this is your first boat, I have to ask, are you familiar with trimming a performance boat? Please don’t be offended as that is not my intent.
Trimming for efficiency, top speed, and comfort is an important skill.

Padraig
Old 07-19-2018, 01:45 PM
Registered

Previous owner gave me a good rundown when we went out the other day. My previous experience was with an auto trimming boat that had Volvo ips with joystick so I知 new to it.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Revelocity
Very nice looking boat. I launch my 280 at the Neshaminy State Marina on the PA side which is just south of Bristol. Very nice, 4 wide launch ramp there that's well protected from river wakes. Take your time getting comfortable with how the boat handles the conditions, trimming and tabbing as needed to keep things smooth. Some years back I had the distinct pleasure of Steve Stepp throttling my 390 at Velocity Fest on a bumpy Chesapeake Bay and smoother is generally faster! So throttle up incrementally based on how the boat feels to you. Check out NJPPC.COM as there are a few fun runs that may interest you scheduled near the Mullica.
I think I値l be dry stacking at dredge harbor to avoid trailering I know a few people that used to and they said it was nice calling ahead and having the boat by the gas dock when you get there. Those fun runs are on my list once I know what I知 doing. Maybe we can meet up once I知 not such a noob so I don稚 slow anyone down.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 315 Likes on 172 Posts

Previous owner gave me a good rundown when we went out the other day. My previous experience was with an auto trimming boat that had Volvo ips with joystick so I知 new to it.

Great, you already know more then most. Remember, make small changes and see what happens.
mark on your indicators numeral position of both the drive and the tabs. By numeral I mean the drive and tabsare parallel with the hull. I used a small strip of blue painters tape but whatever works for you. The neutral position gives you a staring position after you are on plane.

Padraig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.