Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Just bought a Vr1 any advice? >

Just bought a Vr1 any advice?

Notices

Just bought a Vr1 any advice?

Old 07-30-2018, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just looked got that backwards ran the 30p not 28 I知 guessing that was the problem due to the weight
Old 07-30-2018, 09:46 AM
Registered

Both props were labbed, I think the previous owner always ran with 1 or 2 people, I知 running a 500efi not the 496 I知 going to try the 28 next time
Old 07-30-2018, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4builder
bravo 1 28p also have a 30p might try today. Don't remember the exact rpm I believe around 4500 tabs where up and drive was at 2 where the previous owner had it set when we ran it. I played with the drive some but didn't see any gain off of that. the motor had plenty of room left but I couldn't seem to get it right.
5 people and full tank are not the recipe for top speed in these hulls. The 28p would be a better candidate for those conditions. 2 on the trim indicator is not much for top speed. My two props like from 5 to 6.5 for best WOT speed. This gets the boat up on the pad where max speed can be achieved. It just takes time to find what your hull likes. Tabs up all the way. WOT. Trim up until you start to lose speed, adjust trim down little by little until you find max speed. Once you figure out what it likes, you can trim accordingly much faster.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:49 PM
Registered

hey you池e right on the money thanks! Had it on the Delaware today for a quick ride and hit 71 with full tank and 3 people trim at 4-5. Still had room probably could have gained a few more at 5-6. Now I値l be able to dial it in appreciate the help
Old 03-12-2019, 05:55 PM
Registered

Default Need a bigger boat

Time to sell! Looking for a bigger boat only put about 10 hours on it and realized we have too many people that want to go with us need something for at least 6. Both of my sons have girls they want to bring out and some of our friends. I知 posting in classifieds and eBay
Old 03-13-2019, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4builder
Time to sell! Looking for a bigger boat only put about 10 hours on it and realized we have too many people that want to go with us need something for at least 6. Both of my sons have girls they want to bring out and some of our friends. I知 posting in classifieds and eBay
Fully understand. 4 adults is the most comfortably. Good luck with the sale. Should have no trouble selling it.