Anemic 383 SBC >

Anemic 383 SBC

Notices

Anemic 383 SBC

Old 06-25-2022, 07:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 628 Likes on 289 Posts

Wow! Uh...interesting thread...seems the technical side of things got lost a few times.
Many years ago when I boated on Kansas lakes primarily, I had a friend with a 19' Carlson Signature Series Glastron with a very healthy 383 in it...and that boat ran a 25" Mirage if my memory is correct. NOTHING for hole shot, my buddy was a top speed freak. This was long before GPS but he had a friend with radar gun and that boat ran 68 @ 4800 - 5000 rpm, and with a 200 hp nitrous shot it would hit low 80s at 6000 - 6200. It was scary fun but blew Alpha drives with some regularity.

Donnie D, how's your hole shot? Does it struggle?
Donnie D (07-07-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 37 Posts

The hole shot, and top end RPMs did struggle with the 25 pitch Mirage Plus. I have since changed the prop and I'm now running an older QuickSilver Mirage 23 pitch and the boat really seems to like it. The RPMs picked up to 5400, and the top speed picked up another 2 MPH to 70 MPH. For a tired and not very potent engine. I'm pretty impressed with it. The engine will be coming out after this season, then taken to BES Racing Engines to be updated. I'm collecting parts now and I have a fairly decent stock of what will be used. The cam, lifters and Harland Sharp rockers should be here in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited by Donnie D; 07-07-2022 at 07:01 AM.