Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Hydromotive or Bravo? >

Hydromotive or Bravo?

Notices

Hydromotive or Bravo?

Old 01-21-2004, 11:04 PM
Mad Hatter

Do you mean it had a higher x? Like it was higher on the hull?

How much does houston prop charge to lab and do that blow out mod?

Old 01-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not contacted Houston Prop about the accelerator mod. The accelerator mod yet. I believe it is around 160 or 170. Rework on props already labbed by them is considerably cheaper. There are some threads in the technical section regarding this. Comments from users are 2 to 3 mph up top and prop no longer blows out. Sound like the best of both worlds.
Vmax
Old 01-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Registered

I have a Mirage that was a 27 and I had it tricked up to a 28 that is for sale if anyone is interested.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:40 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Mad Hatter
Do you mean it had a higher x? Like it was higher on the hull?

My first velocity a 1987 22 foot had a extremely high x dimension. Had to raise the hatch when I changed to a better breathing manifold because the engine was at the top of the free board. Center of the prop was in the notch you could trailer with the drive at at neutral if you wanted. Back then it was one bad red machine with just a 454. She was tough to plane out with full fuel or a boat load and pulling a slalom skier up was an experience. High speed cruising was a breeze used little gas running 55 mph. Fast cruise seemed to bring out the contenders since they thought you were really cranking and they thought there was some easy prey.

Only remember eating wake twice with that boat taking on single hulls. A triple engine Don Arronow at LOTO and a 19 foot skeeter with a 300 Evinrude outboard on the Mississippi between lock and dam 19 and 20. The skeeter was maybe a one mph faster than the Velocity running on glass but it was near the edge of losing control. That fool was chine walking the bow 3 feet at each oscillation. Thats when you let the dunce have it since you don't want to be near him when there is a ripple in front of him. The Arronow was at least 30mph faster and that's a conservative guess. That was about 3 miles from the dam running in 2 to 3 footers. Never saw it coming with the throttle mashed but sure heard it flash by . That was cool to witness.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Velocity Mark
I have a Mirage that was a 27 and I had it tricked up to a 28 that is for sale if anyone is interested.
Who has done the trick up and how is the blowout, speed and handling. And why are you selling? L or R and How much?
Old 01-24-2004, 01:28 AM
Mad Hatter

I'm interested if Vmax doesn't take it.