Velocity Fest National Fun Run

Notices

Velocity Fest National Fun Run

Old 07-24-2004, 05:03 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Velocity Fest National Fun Run

Did you pay your registration fee? How about coming up to the Goose at least? I'll buy you a round or two

Nice looking boat!! Hope all works out for you.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well we made the changes to our weekend and we will be there,I will be bringing my 320 and my buddy will be there with his 280,we are very much so looking foreward to it so we will see you Saturday morning.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

1Hyper1,

I wish you could have given me some/any indication of your intent last week per my plea. Unfortunately Fun Run registration was closed out over the weekend - please see the above posts and the information flyer regarding the advanced registration requirement. I'm sorry but the Owner's Group is not organized to accept last minute registrations like the large scale, commercial Poker Run Promoters. Believe me, I absolutely hate to turn any Velocity owner away from joining the Fun Run.

Please feel free to stop by late Saturday afternoon for the Velocity Fest dockside activities and we can have a drink together.

Regretfully,

Rick
Old 07-28-2004, 09:19 AM
Registered

Rick I dont see what the problem could be,the food the dockage or what.The Nauti Goose has plenty of space.I am sorry I could not give you more notice but it was not until yesterday that our plans changed.I spoke with Clay and he felt that it would be no problem,please call me at 302 293 0487,
Thanks,
Bill
Old 07-28-2004, 10:14 PM
Registered

Talking Re: Velocity Fest National Fun Run

Rick it was a pleasure speaking with you and I am glad it will all work out,I am looking forward to a great weekend with all of the Velocity owners that will be attending,see you there.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:48 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not a Velocity owner but I live just down the road a bit from the Goose so I'll be stopping in to say hello and gawk at all the pretty Velocity's.

Rob
Old 07-30-2004, 11:01 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Rob, I just got back from the Goose (Sorry I forgot to call) . Looks like it will be a good run tomorrow......Velociraptor is in the water at the Goose along with some other Velocitys. Will have pictures tomorrow or sunday!!
Old 08-01-2004, 09:13 PM
Registered

I hope the 16 other Velocity Captains and crew enjoyed the event as much as we did. We met many new "Velocity" people that we look forward to seeing throughout the year! Please do contact me with your suggestions as they will absolutely help navigate next year's event.

Thanks to Steve and Kim Stepp for sharing their time and knowledge with us - and the hospitality of their fabulous motor coach. Clay Ratcliffe could give the Energizer Bunny a run for his money – thanks partner! Lastly, I extend my appreciation to the 16 other boat captains and 55 plus people who attended. It was privilege being able to deliver the first Velocity Fun Run for you. You guys absolutely did the Velocity name and reputation proud! See you next year!

Rick Engstrom
Velocity Owners Group

2004 Velocity Fest Award Winners

Most Heart – Shawn McGee for battling the big seas in the smallest boat

Most Enthusiasm and Good Samaritan Award – Brian Surguy for recruiting 3 other entries, anchoring at Hart Miller and stopping to alert the fleet to a large floating object.

Longest Tow – Robert Johnson for bringing his recently restored 30’ flat deck from Florida.

Hard Luck – Bill Weber for displaying uncommon grace and composure after losing a stern drive to floating object.

Best Engine Compartment – Joel Ross beat out some other very sanitary set-ups

Best Paint/Graphics – Rick Engstrom. Judges – your check is in the mail!!

Pace Boats – Paul Archibald, Tom Pollard and Bob Powell. Thanks for stepping up guys!

Last edited by Revelocity; 08-02-2004 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:47 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Rick reading us the riot act at the drivers/crew meeting.......BLAH, BLAH, BLAH Had a great time looking forward to next year!! Will have more shots tomorrow....still recovering from the party afterwards Rick It was nice meeting you and Janet, Great Job!!
Old 09-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Registered

For those of you with access to the Noreaster Magazine, the Velocity Fest was covered in the Sept. 3 issue on Page 27. The article includes a picture of our boats docked at the NautiGoose Saloon. Besides making us feel very welcome at the NautiGoose - I think Tony C. also deserves our gratitude for making this article happen. John or Bob - when you see Tony please tell him thanks.

Rick