Velocity trivia... >

Velocity trivia...

Notices

Velocity trivia...

Old 08-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Velocity trivia...

velo, Three races, the first was called Brick and we raced off Pointpleasant beach Nj., 4 foot + seas , we finished 2nd but we were told we broke out and were bumped to 3rd! The second race was Atlantic City in 4 to 6s (this was not a good day, could have used about 1000lbs. up front! ) but we finished 4th! Our last race was back to Pointpleasant beach to run in4 to 5s , but this time we had 500lbs. in the nose! We finished 4th. Caimbridge Md. Sept. 26 will be our first flat race and I hope to stay out front of the 32 and 38 footers that have been tough in the big water! Wish us luck!!! SteelinTime. PS. If you go to Nj.offshore and click OPA you can get the scoop!
Old 08-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Registered

Thanks for the pic's. What power and drives do you have in it?
Old 08-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Registered

Mark, She has punched out 454s making 550Hp. at 5300 and TRS drives! Top end is 82, out of gas with 2 in the the boat in flat water! Props are 25 Mirage! SteelinTime P4-33.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:45 PM
HeavyChevSS

Velo,
Look on their website and call the factory. Someone will call you back and give you history. I was looking at buying an ancient project and emailed them the same day as I posted my question on here. Few days later sales manager called me back and even suggested when to get a hold of Steve. I was fairly impressed by that since I called several dealers here in Fl and they almost laughed. JMO..

Old 09-02-2004, 02:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok I guess it's not as sensitive an issue as I was led to believe. Steve doesn't mind talking about it at all. My Bad, give him a call.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Registered

Steelintime!! GOOOOD LUCK ON THE 26th!!! Wouldent say the issue is gonna be getting infront as much as its gonna be keeping infront! With any luck @ all water will be in you're favor! Wish I could be there to watch you run!!! You are gonna have to keep us posted on the results! Apparently not to sensitive at all Trippin... Everyone's really been quite helpful, after the one thing we cant change is history...thanks again.... MW
Old 09-27-2004, 06:50 PM
Registered

Hey Velo! WE WON!!! The old Velocity did me proud! OPA said we all broke out, but I must not have been as bad as some others! The OPA GPS said I ran 67! My unit said 80.5! At the start 3 boats left us in a hurry, I new they had to break out! Our race was with Augie in the Bunny! What a blast! We got out front and then with a lot of course management!!!! ( We kept the Bunny in our wake for 11 laps, If he went inside we would close the door, he went outside, we pushed him out until the last second!) Sorry Augie!! I have been there,and it would have Pi$$ed me off, but the men in the Bunny were cool!!! Besides they beat us bad in there back yard!! 3 times! STEELIN TIME P-4 33.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats guys!!

Old 10-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Registered

Steelin!!!!! GREAT WORK!!! I Was thinking about u guys last week!!! Congrats!!! How was the water...? How much LBS did you need up front? Sounds like a helluva race!!!! MW
Old 10-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Registered

Velo! We had flat water! Nothing more than our own wakes to deal with! It was a 50 mile drag race and as usual I pushed and almost passed the pace boat at the start! OOOPS!!! I think they should have been running a little faster my self!!! I did pull out about 200 lbs. from the nose!!! Just got word the Camden race is on for next weekend,guess we have to go for two!!! Thanks for your support!! STEELIN TIME P-4 33.

Quick Reply: Velocity trivia...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.